Answered

Order Form with quantity

• 13 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I'm still new around here and a little lost. I need to create a form for a pharmacy. Now if I am sent to the pharmacy by my wife she will tell me to by 2 bottles shampoo, one bottle of Baby powder and two boxes of tissues.

Right, if I try to replicate that for a pharmacy customer I can use a multiple choice list and list Shampoo; Baby Powder and tissues. These can then be selected by the client. BUT HOW DO I MAKE IT POSSIBLE ON THE FORM TO ORDER 2 SHAMPOO AND 2 BOXES OF TISSUES?

Non of the templates that I have looked at has this functionality . . . it is always single items.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards
Barnie

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 November 2021, 17:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Barnie van der Merwe Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a good one over there. 

This template has the option to order multiple products. You could start with this template to make it easier to setup the form. 

Then, I would suggest doing the following: 

1. Create a variable for each product. This will allow you to have different totals for each of the items on your form. 
  2. Add a question for each product that asks how many of the product the person wants. Then, add that number to the variable associated with the product like this: 
  1. You’ll want to do this with every product you have on the form. Then, on the very last question of your form before the respondent clicks the submit button, you’ll want to add all of these variables together like below to get an overall total: 

Hopefully this helps get you started, but let me know if you have any questions while setting this up!

Thank you very very much for your reply.  This however will make the order form tooo long (simply my opinion ;-)

If I may ask you to have a look at what I am trying to do (and improve)  . . . simply look at what we are busy with and ‘click to shop’ to see the order form.  

I want to make it possible for the customer to easily indicate that he want two  of the Nurofen Express!

Simply use this link to see it work:   https://bit.ly/CJMarketingTest

Also this is how I see it:

Hope this is a better example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Barnie van der Merwe I’m afraid we don’t have a question/feature like this in our forms, so you would need to set it up according to the instructions above. Though, if you run into any questions setting that up, let me know. 

what is the possibility of having a feature like this designed and what do you think it will cost?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Barnie van der Merwe If you would like someone to build the form for you, I would suggest taking a peek at our Agency Directory here:grinning: You would need to contact the agencies directly for pricing. 

If you’re asking how much it would cost Typeform to add this feature specifically for your account, building custom features isn’t a service we offer at this time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Barnie van der Merwe 

To complement @Liz ‘s answer

Currently, you let the user pick more than one thing per question. If they could only select one option you could ask them the following question: How many of this product do you want?
And then store this value in a variable.

You would have a variable per question about quantity and not per product.

Another alternative would be to include the quantity in the options:
1 pack of Duracell AAA
2 packs of Duracell AAA
3packs..

And use the logic to calculate the price.

Thank you