Answered

Passing Hidden Fields from an email (ConvertKit)?

• 12 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey all! 

I have a 2-step TypeForm where I collect the first name, last name, and email on the first TypeForm and have the visitor submit it. Then, they're redirected to a second TypeForm where I collect more information. I have the TypeForms integrated with ConvertKit so that I can tag visitors who fill in the first TypeForm but don't go on to finish the second one that collects the rest of the information.

(This is designed to be a “Form Abandon” type of configuration.)

The first TypeForm passes Hidden Fields to the second – specifically the first name, last name, and email. The second form's URL then looks like this, in order to receive the Hidden Fields:

https://leanerforlife.typeform.com/to/qFpqmhTG#source=xxxxx&firstname=xxxxx&lastname=xxxxx&email=xxxxx

However, if someone doesn't complete the second form, I want to send an email to them (via ConvertKit) to go back and finish that second form, but I don't know how to set up the URL that I'd link them to from the email in order to capture the Hidden Fields from the first form.

So to clarify the steps:

1.) They come to the TypeForm #1 and enter their First Name, Last Name, and Email and click submit (https://leanerforlife.typeform.com/apply). They get tagged in ConvertKit as "Finished Step 1", and after 30 minutes if they don't finish the second Form, they get sent emails to encourage them to come back and finish the second form.

2.) They get immediately redirected to TypeForm #2 after Submitting TypeForm #1, and continue filling out more information to complete our "full" application form. With the integration with ConvertKit, they then get tagged as "Finished Step 2", and get redirected to our Thank You Page.

I need to ensure that if they don't finish Step 2, and instead get the email that sends after 30 minutes, that that email has the correct link to the second TypeForm so that it passes the Hidden Fields from Form #1 to Form #2.

Is this possible?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 January 2022, 23:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tomness Happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. It sounds like you’ll need to set up some sort of workflow/automation first within Converkit to send the emails. 

To pass the information into the Typeform URL, you will want to follow a process like this one, which uses merge fields to add that information in. 

Hopefully that helps get you started!