Answered

Question about online inquiry forms

• 18 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I am creating an inquiry form for a jewellery services website. There are obviously multiple services that can be done for one item or the customer could have multiple items that have different issues. How do I create a feature which allows the customer to go back and do the quiz again without overwriting previous data? For example, person A has a ring and follows the form step by step to refine the service, let's say it’s ring resizing and then uploads an image.

Q’s

‘What service would you like today?’ → ‘What ring service would you like?’ → ‘What size are you?’ etc.

A’s

Picks ring service → picks ring size → picks size x

They want to then add another service on this ring, for instance, polishing. They want to go back and add more services for one item. Additionally, they have a watch, which needs fixing and want to start the quiz again to add their watch issue. It wouldn’t make sense to get the customer to submit one item at a time after completing contact information etc. Is there a feature which allows the customer to add services like adding products to a shopping basket?

I have already tried adding a question that says ‘Would you like another service for this item’? or ‘Would you like a service for another item’? with responses yes or no linking them to previous questions from the beginning to start the process all over. However, when trying to upload images, it overwrites the old one and also when exporting this individual's data it overwrites their previous answers. 

Does anyone have a solution to this and is there a feature that I haven’t yet discovered?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 May 2023, 16:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @yac112 Happy Friday! We don’t have a feature that would allow you to loop through the same question multiple times without overwriting data, but we do have plenty of handy workarounds others have posted in the community such as this one: 
https://community.typeform.com/build-your-typeform-7/how-do-i-loop-through-a-question-multiple-times-8972