Question

Remove submit button

How can I eliminate the “submit” button on my final page and use the ending page for form submission?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @don. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

It's not possible to remove the "Submit" button at the moment. The data is collected once the respondent clicks to submit the form. So we can better understand your use case, do you mind sharing how this workflow would help you?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Hi, Is there a way to eliminate the submit button. I have a use-case where I am solving some of the queries through FAQs in Advanced Logic. In these cases, I do not want users to submit any entry. 

For all the other entries, I want the user to contact us through the submit button.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Mariana,

is there any news about a possibility to remove the submit button?

We want to remove every possible stepstone that stops the user from arriving at the results page.

Thanks in advance. 
Daniel

I’ve designed a feedback form using the opinion scale.

The create view shows it without a submit button, but it shows with the button when I preview it. Is there a way to remove it? You move to the next step as soon as you click the number, so there’s no need to have it there.

Create view without submit button
Preview with button

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JohanKriegbaum I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. :grinning:

Hi @Mariana ,

We are really lacking this feature as well.

It’s especially for 1-page surveys, quiz and polls where this could powerfull.

Hope to get it on the roadmap soon :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @thomashoeg ! While we don’t have this on the roadmap, we’ll post any changes here if there are any. 

I am looking to have a Typeform gather some quick and easy intel as people leave a dining hall. Is there a way for people to select an answer (imagine three levels of “smiley” faces to “frowny” faces) and have it automatically submit the form after their selection and bypass having to hit “submit”? TIA

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SYork I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

There should be an option to remove the ‘submit’ button.
Especially with single-page typeforms. Needing to push a ‘submit’ button is another hurdle that users need to take. Why need two clicks, if the first is sufficient?

How can I eliminate the “submit” button on my final page and use the ending page for form submission?

You can eliminate the "submit" button on your final page by using JavaScript to automatically submit the form when the user reaches the final page. Here's an example of how you can do this:

You can replace "myForm" with the ID of your form element. This will automatically submit the form when the user reaches the final page.

Additionally, you can use this link for more information on how to auto submit forms in javascript : https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_form_submit.asp/

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can eliminate the "submit" button on your final page by using JavaScript to automatically submit the form when the user reaches the final page. Here's an example of how you can do this:

How do you integrate that code with TypeForm?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can replace "myForm" with the ID of your form element. This will automatically submit the form when the user reaches the final page.

Just in case someone sees @RalphCannon solution, note that it does not work due to the fact that:

• TypeForm as no <form> markup to bind a JS EventListener to
  • Even it had, the provided code won’t work as it listens for the submit event (which occurs when you press submit), to then press submit again, so that does not make any sense.

The idea to automatically click on the submit button is interesting, but after analyzing it a bit, very difficult to achieve, at least in a generic way, as the submit button can appear in various contexts.

For example, it can appear on the last page, where the only thing you have to do is to press submit. In that case, it makes sense to automate the click.

But it can also appear below a list of options to choose from, in which case you don’t want to automate the submit as the user has to answer the question first.

Hey there. Does this topic have a place on your roadmap? Do you have any plans to implement automatic submission, or it’s not even being considered? Thanks in advance. Batuhan @Liz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @batuhany We don’t have plans to add this on the roadmap, as having the submission button ensures that the respondent is ready to send their data to the form owner. If this changes, we’ll post about it in the community. 😀

Disappointing not to be able to bypass the submit button and capture results immediately.

Our use case is an NPS survey, whereby the respondent is pre-selecting their rating from an email itself, so we pass the NPS result through a URL variable to typeform. Hence, a user has already made a conscious decision to ‘submit’ and we’d therefore like to capture that result immediately, instead of running the risk of loosing it (if they chose now to tap ‘submit’).

I had hoped to use a few logic checks on entry, to bypass straight to end screen (ie. the result is automatically submitted) if the NPS variable was included in the URL. I would then display a ‘Leave Feedback’ button on the end screen, point the user back to the same form url (again passing the NPS score through a var), but this time check whether they had a second variable (call it completed=true). At this point, rather than routing to the end, another logic check would route the user to one of three questions (depending on their NPS score) for each passive, promoter or detractor. Finally, the submit button updates the user’s result with the additional comment, alongside their original NPS score.

The additional step required to use a ‘submit’ button gives me reason to look at an alternative to Typeform, as it’s adding a layer of friction in our use case, which is actually reducing conversions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JWP thanks for stopping by and sharing that feedback. I understand why bypassing the submit button for your use case makes sense - I’ll share this with the product team. 

Hi @Liz, it’s unfortunate to see that this functionality is still not available after users continuously provide the same feedback over the last few years that this is important to them.

Would appreciate it if it is reviewed by the team once again. Thanks!

Feature asked for 2 years and still nothing ? We need it, the submit button is an UX killer