Removing the "ok" button on a multiple choice question has a logic for all the options

Userlevel 2

Hi! 

On the first question of the survey I’m creating, I have the following...

I need that my survey has several languages as you can see on the screen shot. I set a logic for each of the options, so it will flow to the questions on the correct language. However when you choose one of the options and click on it, the jump logic will continue to the next question and the “ok” button shows up but it is not necessary at all, since the click on the option will make the logic to jump. Any advice on how to remove that? Thanks in advance for your help!

Liz 2 years ago

Hi @JuanFeM Thanks for stopping by! It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button on the form, but you can update the language/text of the buttons in the system messages, if that helps a bit!

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JuanFeM Thanks for stopping by! It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button on the form, but you can update the language/text of the buttons in the system messages, if that helps a bit!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JuanFeM Thanks for stopping by! It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button on the form, but you can update the language/text of the buttons in the system messages, if that helps a bit!

Hey @Liz - if you set the button colour and text colour to the same as the background colour of the form, it would be ‘hiding in plain sight’ so to speak.. unless there is an outline colour to the button as well that could/would have to be set… 

(yes i still have a coffee in front of me on a friday night)

Userlevel 2

Hi @JuanFeM Thanks for stopping by! It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button on the form, but you can update the language/text of the buttons in the system messages, if that helps a bit!

Hi @Liz ! Thanks for getting back to me. The problem is not the language/text of the buttons, because I have several multiple choice questions on my survey. However since each of the choices have logic jumps, the ok button is not necessary at all. The feedback that I’m receiving from my users is: “as the screen changes in the survey before I click OK”. So it seems kind of confusing. It’s a bummer I’m not able to turn that button off. 

Userlevel 2

Hey @Liz - if you set the button colour and text colour to the same as the background colour of the form, it would be ‘hiding in plain sight’ so to speak.. unless there is an outline colour to the button as well that could/would have to be set… 

(yes i still have a coffee in front of me on a friday night)

Hi @john.desborough ! I don’t think that is a good workaround, because if I apply this setting it will be for all of the buttons and I did need some of those. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JuanFeM I’m afraid it’s not possible to remove the ‘ok’ button, but I can share this feedback to our product team for you. :grinning: If you have any other questions/feedback, please let us know!

Userlevel 2

Hi @JuanFeM I’m afraid it’s not possible to remove the ‘ok’ button, but I can share this feedback to our product team for you. :grinning: If you have any other questions/feedback, please let us know!

Thank you very much @Liz ! I’ll appreciate that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JuanFeM 

Badge

@Liz, did the OK button get removed from multiple choice questions where there is logic for every choice as a result of the above interaction?

I am having the opposite problem. I have a multiple choice (image) question with each answer having logic which adds a number to the price variable, but I want the user to be able to move on to the next question without selecting any. At the moment the “OK” button doesn’t show for this question and this could make it confusing (even though they can move on with the arrows or enter button).

I stumbled on this thread via searching for ‘missing ok button’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JosephS yes, you are correct! This is a feature our product team is just recently rolling out. If there are logic jumps on the question, the ‘continue/ok’ button is removed. 

Hopefully this helps clarify a bit, but happy to share any feedback you have on this. 

Badge

Thanks for confirming @Liz, as mentioned it causes a bit of confusion for my use case where someone doesn’t need to make a selection. Without the OK button it is not clear that they can continue without making a selection and I will have to word that into the description (e.g. “press enter or click the down arrow to skip this option”), which is just clunky.

It sounds like there would be scenarios where the OK button would be helpful, others where it is not. Perhaps this could be an option that is toggled for each question where appropriate (i.e. whether the survey creator wants it to appear).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @JosephS - I can note this feedback. :) If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let us know!

@Liz Hi, i’ve got a question about the OK button. When i click on answer it still comes up under the questions. Is it possible to remove it entirely? thanks in advantage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SKC It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button at this time. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

Hi! 

On the first question of the survey I’m creating, I have the following...

I need that my survey has several languages as you can see on the screen shot. I set a logic for each of the options, so it will flow to the questions on the correct language. However when you choose one of the options and click on it, the jump logic will continue to the next question and the “ok” button shows up but it is not necessary at all, since the click on the option will make the logic to jump. Any advice on how to remove that? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @SKC It isn’t possible to remove the ‘ok’ button at this time. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

I agree, this is not good good accessibility, and is confusing to the user. Please make a solution to remove it or the possibility to click when using multiple choice with just one right answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @Kepush ! I’ll share it with our product team. 

I need to remove the OK button in one choice answers. Any solutions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kenny_2003 It’s not possible to remove this button. If you think of any other questions, let us know!

Hi Liz, are there any new updates about the removal of the OK button? I have a multiple choice survey and the OK button is not needed when the form auto-advances when touching a selection. Having the OK button but then auto-advancing confuses some of the end users. It looks like a two-step process but it is not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BonfireFalls No updates at this time, but if that changes, I’ll post it here. 

Hey, has the problem with the OK button been fixed yet? Just tried to find it in the different setting menu's. But maybe I overlooked it. The typeform looks and functions great but the big OK button can be (in the case of my project anyway) a useless waste of space.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Palbezal The feature to remove the ok button isn’t one we currently offer, but I will share your feedback to the product team. 

I don’t understand why this useless Ok button is still there.

An advice for the product team :
- If I decide to let the user confirm his answer, so he had to click on the ok button
- If I decide to push the user to the next answer after his click, so remove the damn Ok button !!!!

+1 on removing this button it is a confusing UX when there is also autoscroll once you’ve submitted an answer.

+1 - this makes absolutely no sense from a UX standpoint, would love that an option is suggested between the OK button and automatic scroll

I just bought a large package and just tested all the functions. And the OK button also bothers us. It's a shame that the problem has still not been solved for 2 years...