Answered

Respone ID on Redirection

• 7 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello Community,

i’d like to add the Response-ID form Typeform to my link for the Thank-You-Page / Ending-Pages.

How can i do this?

Best regards,
Max.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 8 October 2021, 02:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @seimax Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid this isn’t possible, and this is because the response ID isn’t generated until the respondent submits the form. 

Though, what are you using the response ID for? We may possibly be able to think of a workaround to send the ID over, depending on what you’re looking to do with it!

The user enters his e-mail address in type form. Then he will be directed to a thank you page from us with further actions that can be started pre button. When submitting the button, I would like to query the application so that I also have the e-mail address for the button action. I then ask using the response ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, got it! Thanks! Are you able to use the Webhooks API by chance for this? That would send the data over right away, including the Response ID. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @seimax

If you embed your typeform using the EmbedSDK you will have access to an onSubmit callback that will provide you the Response Id. You can then call the Response API to retrieve details about this response.

We went over this in an episode of Hack Together.