Answered

Send custom endings as part of respondent email notifications

• 11 February 2021
  • 43 replies

I’ve created a form which has multiple endings which show depending on how the user has answered the questions.

I’d like to email the user their answers, including the custom ending that they were shown. I can’t see this option when trying to create the respondent email notification (I can only select their answers to particular questions, but not their custom ending).

Does anyone know where I’m going wrong? Or if there’s a workaround?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 February 2021, 20:57

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kk-typeform thanks for joining our community! :) We haven’t added the option to add the custom ending to the notifications yet, but I’ll note the suggestion. One workaround I can think of would be to send the emails through Zapier, which would allow you to send a different email based on the ending through this setup here. Would this work for you? It’s a bit more work to setup, but you could customize the emails even further then. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @kk-typeform 

another option would be to use the Typeform to Google Sheets integration and the Document Studio integration - push the data into a Google doc template, including pulling the custom ending from the data on the Sheet, via the Document Studio add-on integration to generate the pdf and email to send to the user. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough oo - this would be really cool for anyone doing a very personality-style quiz, too. For example, if someone had a Meyers-Briggs sort of thing, they could send a PDF with more in-depth info on their personality type. Now my brain is churning! :heart_eyes:

Hello,
I have a similar setup to what @kk-typeform described. @Liz  Is there a way to save the ending page that each user arrived to as part of the results of their test?

This would be indispensable for test that recommend customized products to customers based on their answers. It is useful for store owners who want to save the information of what was recommended to each client (for follow-up emails, for example).

If this is not readily available, is there a way to accomplish this through webhooks or another type of development?

Thank you very much!
Cristina

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pletorica Designs ! Our product team is currently working on adding the endings into the results, and as soon as I have any updates on this feature, I can let you know in this thread here. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Pletorica Designs @Liz 

just a thought on this one: i have an ‘assessment’ where i assign points to each of the questions as the user goes through and, based on 4 discrete ranges in the response total score (from 16-64) i send the users to a statement page that shows all the details to the users on their scores, a rating, some recommendations for activities based on the ‘level’ in which they categorized, and then route them towards an ending based on the next page which is a yes/no to emailed version of the report. 

for me, that was the only way i could get the ‘results’ instead of using the ending page route. 

just my tuppence on the afternoon

des

Hi @Liz Thank you for your reply, glad to hear this feature is coming soon! Please let me know when we can have access to it. 

In the meantime, we’ll go with @john.desborough’s workaround. Thanks for the tip! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

will do, @Pletorica Designs ! :grinning:

Hi there, @Liz any update on the releases from your product team to be able to see the responses in the results in Google sheet.

In the meantime, when looking at the data sent, I can see a variable called winning_outcome_id, Any way to know the ID of the endings so we know which screens it correspond?… Does it make sense?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @telmar I sadly don’t have any new updates regarding recording the endings in the Results panel yet, but as soon as I do, I’ll post it here!

Hi @Liz,  Do you have an update on this feature the comments speak about? It has been a while and I'm still looking for a solution for this demanded feature.

Thank you

Greetings, Lucas

I am also curious as to how this could be implemented. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Startup Program and @AK-PP I asked our product team, and they’ve let me know they’ve added it to the roadmap for Q1/Q2 of next year. It’s not a guaranteed time, but know that it’s on their radar. :grinning:

Hi @Liz is there any update on this feature - to email the user their specific ending?

Thanks

Brandon

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Brandon2323 Not quite yet, but they are working on a different feature that I believe is related to this. As always, any updates will be posted here!

Hi @Pletorica Designs ! Our product team is currently working on adding the endings into the results, and as soon as I have any updates on this feature, I can let you know in this thread here. :) 

Hi @Liz We are look forward to this function, may i know is there any update on this? 

Thankyou 

Jessie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jessie The product team has some other projects they’re working on at the moment, but this is still a possibility for closer to the end of this year. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jessie @Brandon2323 - just a note that you CAN capture the ending as a variable by using the logic rules and then @recall that variable in the email that gets sent. It’s a work around, but it does work. I’ve used that in about 30 different typeforms for clients and my own business. 

des

I know this was asked a year ago, and it was mentioned that Typeform was working on it.  I am just wondering if this is now an option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jillybean adding your post here so you can stay updated on any news with this feature. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I there any news regarding this feature?

Thanks,

Carlo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No updates, @Crlao , but would suggest using the workaround mentioned above. 😀

Hi @john.desborough,

I was hoping you could share a bit more on setting up the variable using logic rules and the @recall in the email that goes to respondents. I have 3 different endings based on 3 different score ranges: 0-22, 23-37, 37-45. I am trying to set it up so that it will email the corresponding ending to each respondent. 

Just thought I would see if you have any tips!

Jenn

I’m in critical need for this feature too, I don’t understand why it does not exist in the first place. 

I have complex logic and more than a 100 different endings that I realize now I cannot send automatically. Also is there a way to access the code behind logic screen instead of having to painfully click on one single condition and box, we should be able to paste a code that would translate the logic in the interface.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sfluzin thanks for sending this feedback over. You can adjust the logic using our APIs