Question

short text input length check

• 11 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Is there any way to validate length of short answer input?

I have a form to get birth date in 6 digits like yymmdd and need to check if user has typed 6 digits correctly.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ki Sung Bae Thanks for reaching out! Have you taken a peek at our date field yet? This might be handy for you to use since it will ensure that the user is entering the information within a date format. 

Hi @Ki Sung Bae Thanks for reaching out! Have you taken a peek at our date field yet? This might be handy for you to use since it will ensure that the user is entering the information within a date format. 

Thanks Liz. but the input field is for social security number and its first 6 digit format should be YYMMDD. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ki Sung Bae

Just replying here on behalf of @Liz, she's currently taking a well-deserved break. :palm_tree:

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Do you need a date format with YYMMDD or just a 6 digits (only numbers) response? 

Sorry, I got a little bit confused, so I'd need your help to understand it. :blush: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ki Sung Bae - from another user

there is no field level data entry validation that is done within typeform, the way that we would to it in a sql/database entry environment. 

Hi @Ki Sung Bae

Just replying here on behalf of @Liz, she's currently taking a well-deserved break. :palm_tree:

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Do you need a date format with YYMMDD or just a 6 digits (only numbers) response? 

Sorry, I got a little bit confused, so I'd need your help to understand it. :blush: 

Hi @Gabi Amaral , I need YYMMDD format. I tried to validate it as number field. But the value starting with 0 is not appropriate, for example 041130.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ki Sung Bae I’d request adding your suggestion for this feature to the post below for a little more visibility. :grin: