Answered

• 9 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Aloha Typeform Community,

Context

I have a required Sign Up Form (1st form, contact info + 2 questions) and subsequent Survey Form (2nd form with 5-8 questions) for our upcoming Honolulu Tech Week 2024 in September. HTW brings together members of the broader technology community from startup founders and nonprofits boards to public company CTOs across Hawaii and other states and countries. We need to prioritize the Sign Up Form, but capturing the questions in the Survey Form is also very important to ensure attendee success.

Ideally the Survey Form would be done immediately after the Sign Up form, but we don’t want to jeopardize conversions with the longer form so within the Sign Up form prior to submittal we ask if they’d be willing (now) to answer a few more questions to improve the event. If they answer “No”, we’ll follow up with the Survey Form later. If they answer “Yes”, we redirect them on the Thank You page to the Survey Form but there’s a problem.

Problem

For the people that answer “Yes” and want to fill out the Survey Form immediately, we need to ensure we have their contact info for follow-up. But, we don’t want to ask them to fill it in right after they just previously did so in the initial Sign Up form. To achieve this, we have used the @ hidden fields for Contact Info (first name, last name, email) pulled in from the redirect page to capture their contact.

For people that we need to send the survey form to at a later date, we want to keep the same form (including questions and format/order), but since we’re using hidden fields for Contact Info in the Survey Form, we have a problem as it’s not shown in the form. If we don’t hide it, then we run into the problem in the paragraph above.

Based on this, I don’t know if there’s another option unless we do two separate survey forms, which complicates the process of data analysis and follow-up later. (Or add the Survey Form questions to the sign-up form as conditional/optional, and then do a separate form later for those who don’t have the time immediately, complicating things earlier).

Ask for Help

I’m newer to Typeform but couldn’t find a good answer in the Help Documentation or Q&A (perhaps I’m using the wrong terms, etc).

I’d greatly appreciate any advice or feedback here. Has anyone experienced this and could you provide advice on how I can achieve the desired state listed in the context?

Thank you!

Michael

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 March 2024, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @honolulutechweek Welcome to the community! I hope you’re having a lovely Monday so far. 😀

For those that are filling out the second form later, you would need to store their contact information somewhere, such as a CRM system, and then use hidden fields (like you’ve been doing) to pull that information in. 

A good example of this is found here. Do you have a CRM or email service provider you’re using to send out the form? 

Hi Liz,

Thank you. This is really helpful and makes total sense. I’ll be rolling out a CRM / email service this month, so will use the hidden field pull in there to make it work.

Appreciate the response and helping me resolve the issue!

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh fun! I love a good CRM (yes, I really do). Once you get that setup, let us know! We can give some more specific directions depending on the CRM/email service provider.