So who got hit by "Facebook-interruptus" today?? the case for Typeform and email

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I feel a wee bit sorry for all those poor people who rely on Facebook for their business model... 'it took a nap today' lol what how someone put it.. 

If you rely on Facebook - or any other social media - as your platform of record for your business, you run the risk of NOT being able to transact with your clients in the event of an outage. Facebook ads, Facebook membership groups, etc. all came to a screeching halt this morning. 

I’m not saying those are a bad thing BUT this shows me all the more reason to have captured all your social followers into your email list - through a typeform - so that you can continue to do business with them when there is a case of social-interruptus by using email.

On top of this, did you realize that when you create a huge following on any social platform, you are really giving the owners of that platform a segmented audience for THEM to show ads and generate revenue from all your hard work. How much of that revenue are YOU seeing from the social followers. 

Make the effort to convert your social-only followers into being part of your mailing list. An asset you own. Use a typeform or 12 to get them to convert over. Invest in your own ROI and not that of the social platform. 

just sayin’

des

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is such a good reminder, @john.desborough !! Thank you! I’m the absolute worst at getting my social folks in email.