Answered

Store a hidden field in a statement for further recall

• 19 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to store a hidden field in a statement, so this information from a hidden field can be used later on by recalling it?

For example, I have a yes/no question which leads to a different statement depending on the answer. Is it possible to give this answer (which is a statement) a certain name value, so I can use this value later on?

Thank you for any advice

Dirk

icon

Best answer by Liz 19 September 2023, 23:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @idv Could you pass the statement into a variable and recall the variable? I believe that should work! The only tricky part would be the hidden field portion. 

Thank you, Liz.

I have created a variable But when I replace the text value in the Yes/No questions (by adding a new rule in the “Branching and calculations”-section), I loose the logic that already existed. Because there were already rules that redirect the flow, depending on the answer (“go to”...). It seems like you can not add a rule for the logic an a rule for replacing the value of a variable at the same time. Is that right?

kind regards, Dirk

Hi Liz,

I discovered that it works only when the replacing of the variable comes first and the redirection of the flow comes after that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @idv ah yes, that’s expected behavior. Hopefully that’ll still help you with what you’re looking to do!