Answered

Stripe Integration

• 26 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I have integrated Stripe within my Typeform but would like to implement a Pay What You Like model where people quite literally pay what they like while I am in the beta phase.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Or can it not be done? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 March 2021, 02:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@asidhu - from a user here.. 

perhaps you could use a number question to enter in a ‘pay what you like’ amount and then use the branching/calculations/logic functions to add the ‘pay’ amount response to the @price variable that the payment question uses. This would allow for the user to put in any amount. 

if you wanted to create a multiple choice with an ‘other’ option, you could put in recommended amounts as the multiple choice but provide the other option to allow them to complete their own.. this way you would be guiding the user towards the amount you think they should/would eventually be paying.. 

cheers

des

Hi, this is what I am doing currently. Using the number question and setting the `price` variable works. It’s too bad you cannot pass in the `price` variable with an initial preset amount. 

Another limitation is users cannot enter decimals so they can only enter whole numbers. You can add a multiple choice to add incremented preset values (+$0.25, +$0.50, etc.) or percentage (1-10% using the rating question).

I think it’ll work well to start out with but I can see myself graduating to a custom (or more complex) solution eventually, especially because right now you cannot customize the Stripe integration.