Question

Struggling with Logic - Not Working as Expected

• 23 March 2023
  • 3 replies

It’s far too early in the morning for my brain to work correctly I think, can I run something past the community and get some assistance?

We have a form where we ask the user on #16 what fire rating they require. A) is None, B and C are 1 and 2 Hours respectively.

On #17, we ask if they need any additional ratings - such as airtight, acoustic, smoke seals.

On #19, we ask what they lock they would like.

The desired outcome is:

• if a user selects B or C on #16, we want to skip question #19 entirely and send them to #21, but still send the user to question #17.

My question is, where should the logic go? I have tried putting the logic on #16, but this hasn’t worked.

I also tried putting it on #17, thinking if it was the question before it would easily bypass the next question. But that didn’t work either and now I am utterly perplexed. This is how this looks:

However there’s a bunch of other logic on this question, and I know ordering matters with Typeform. Could this be the issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @smiddul Ordering may definitely be the issue here. I would suggest reversing the order of your logic jumps to see if that does the trick! Usually putting the most restrictive one first solves the issue. 

Hi @smiddul Ordering may definitely be the issue here. I would suggest reversing the order of your logic jumps to see if that does the trick! Usually putting the most restrictive one first solves the issue. 

Thanks Liz. Is there a way to easily drag to re-order? I would hate to have to rebuild the logic for that question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m afraid not, @smiddul , but I’ve shared that feedback with the product team previously. 😓