Answered

table of values for the recipient to fill out

• 13 September 2021
  • 7 replies

We'd like to create a form that has a table of values for the recipient to fill out. In this case it's for property surveyors and:
-columns would be something like width, length, nos of windows, nos of doors, wall type
-rows would be room1, room2, room3, bathroom1, bathroom2

So far we've only found Jotform that does it, but Typeform looks and feels so much better.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 September 2021, 16:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gonçalo Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community - glad to hear you like the look of our forms. :) 

We don’t have a feature that would allow the respondent to enter the information into a table. The closest workaround I can think of would be to use a Question Group and add multiple short text fields underneath, but it’s not quite the same. 

I’m sorry I don’t have a better suggestion offhand, but if you think of any other questions, please let me know!

Thank you Liz,

That works for all of the forms we are using because they are smaller forms.

When you have a lot of numbers it becomes difficult to fill out and read, especially when it’s very helpful to have them side by side and for these forms specifically that is super advantageous.

That reminds me of another question: for larger forms where the user tends to scroll repeatedly up and down through the questions is there a version of Typeform that shows several questions and related answers on the same screen while the recipient is filling out the form?

Typeform is the best in terms of look, feel, fluidity and integrations and we’d love to be able to use it for everything (are we being too greedy? :-))

Examples of what we need below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Gonçalo - this is a helpful example!

As for a single page form, we only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

How to make a table like in excel so that they give us multiple answers?For example, Employees / Departments / etcand that it can be answered without the question being asked.I do not know if I'm explaining myself well.
Empleados Departamentos Vehículos
2 3 7
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mimerro I hope you’re having a great week! I added your question here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of any other questions!

How to make a table like in excel so that they give us multiple answers?For example, Employees / Departments / etcand that it can be answered without the question being asked.I do not know if I'm explaining myself well.
Empleados Departamentos Vehículos
2 3 7

Actually this is not so simple to find a form online tool to do so. So far, i found only two apps to do so: 

cognitoforms and a french one askabox.fr

If you know how to use appscript of google, you could find a way to let the user use a google sheet and then with a script inside, gather the data. 

you can use the repeat features of some other forms tool, for the recipient to repeat a set of questions. but those features are...never free… or barely. If you find a way to do so, I am interested. 

Good luck

Hi there,

I adore how simple and elegant Typeform is. As for online forms allowing to put data tables, a good option I’ve come around to is Plumsail public forms. They have really powerful data tables, fully customizable and easy-to-build. Hope this will be helpful for someone looking for how to insert data tables into online forms.