Tickets left

• 6 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi all, just wondering if there is some logic or variable that can let me know how many tickets are left to be able to be booked on a type form event set up.

so 100 tickets available originally, and as customers purchased tickets, the number of tickets bookings left will be updated and changed for the next person looking to book a ticket?

thanks for any pointers.

on a plus plan…

winch

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @winch Could you use the feature of closing the form when enough responses are collected? While this wouldn’t tell you how many tickets you have left to sell, it would ensure that you don’t have too many people answering the form. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Liz “Close typeforms automatically after a set amount of responses” is a feature of the Business package and another £30 a month on top of the £49 pm Plus package that I am on :(

Winch

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @winch The business plan does have quite a few other features that hopefully you’d be able to utilize! 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - wonder if the API would enable a ‘write’ to the database to relieve the inventory, pick up the new balance and write the new balance into a variable of a typeform? 

not sure if @picsoung or @mathio would have done something like that?? 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Liz - wonder if the API would enable a ‘write’ to the database to relieve the inventory, pick up the new balance and write the new balance into a variable of a typeform? 

not sure if @picsoung or @mathio would have done something like that?? 

just a thought

des

Thanks for the reply Des all ears if there is something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have an example of embedded typeform that loads a variable from API (from Google Sheet via SheetDB) and then writes via API when the typeform is both started and submitted:

https://mathio.github.io/typeform-embed/html/random-question-from-google-sheet.html

However the value (eg. number of remaining tickets) is passed as typeform hidden field. Anyone could get access to your public typeform and modify the hidden field value. Therefore it is important to do another check after your typeform is submitted. Eg. redirect to a page that will process the response via API and validate if the response (ticket sale in your case) is valid.

In the example above my typeform is loaded with a question from the spreadsheet (eg. like this), however anyone could access the form on a modified URL and provide their own value (eg. like this).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mathio - thanks for the reminder that you had posted the SheetDB prior … thought you had mentioned something but couldnot remember the name of the product. 

cheers

des