Answered

Too many logic rules to visualize?

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I just recived the note “too many logic rules to visualize”.

What can I do in order to continue building logic in my Quiz? 

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 April 2022, 17:49

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @marinam Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. 

This message appears when there are too many logics in the form or too many questions, in which we recommend splitting the form up and connecting the two together. It does require quite a bit of work, but this will also provide a better experience for your respondents in terms of loading the form and the time it takes to complete the forms. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the information.

How can I connect the forms? And how can I check wether it worked out to connect them? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @marinam The steps in this article will walk you through how to connect the two forms. You’ll need to submit a test response to check that the forms are working. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I feel there should be a special badge when reaching this level 😅

If you are up for the adventure you can still build the logic, but might not be able to visualize it, using our API.

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I just ran into the error code: "Logic map not available! Too many logic rules to visualize"

I am wondering if there is a workaround for this? if not, is there a way to delete some of my old logic so that I can access the logic map once more to make changes?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EMSC I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz , thanks for the reply and for the article. Do you know if there is a free trial available so that I can test this solution. I currently do not have access to the “Redirect on completion” option as I am not yet paying for an advanced plan.

I am also wondering how to make my previous survey (the one with too many logic rules to visualize) accessible again (visually), so that I can begin the process of implementing your suggested solution. What is the best way to delete some of my logic without accessing the visualization screen? 

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EMSC We do have a free plan, but this doesn’t include a trial of the features on the paid plan. Though, you can subscribe monthly, and if you find that the paid plan doesn’t suit your needs, you can always cancel. 

As for the other form, you would need to follow the workaround above by first splitting up the form to help remove some of those logic jumps. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @EMSC you can access all your logic from the Branching & Calculations modal on the right side of the logic tab. 
Note that your typeform needs to have less than ~500 logic rules and less than ~500 questions for the logic display to show.
I hope this helps 😊.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, good to know! Thanks, @MeganeM ! 

Userlevel 1

@MeganeM that is super helpful and good to know, thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve run into this issue as well. And linking two forms isn’t a solution for me. Also, Branching and calculations isn’t much use as it just shows blank. Ho Hum.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mappyd this sounds like a technical issue 🤔. Feel free to contact our support team so we can look it into 🙏.