Answered

"Type" Quiz Results

• 25 May 2021
  • 2 replies

I am building a quiz that compiles scores within 4 different categories based on 4 different answers per 5 questions each for a total of 20 questions before displaying a custom ending based on which category has the highest score. How can I compare the cumulative score to 4 different variable sets and display an ending based on which of the 4 variables is higher than the others?

I have the questions mapped with the corresponding calculations but can’t figure out how to have the 4 scores compare to eachother in order to have the final ending.

The 20 question quiz asks a question and respondents choose 1 of 4 answers that maps to a value of 1-4 per question:

1. strongly disagree (1)
  2. disagree (2)
  3. agree (3)
  4. strongly agree (4)

Then you would add up the scores for questions:

1. 5, 7, 9, 13, 19 (for a total of 5-20 for @score_a)
  2. 1, 4, 10, 12, 15 (for a total of 5-20 @score_b)
  3. 2, 6, 11, 16, 18 (for a total of 5-20 @score_c)
  4. 3, 8, 14, 17, 20 (for a total of 5-20 @score_d)

Then you would compare the total scores to see which is greater and, based on which is greater, displays 1 of 4 endings (a, b, c or d).

The questions are intentionally mixed so it doesn’t sway the result. 

How can I compare the cumulative scores to see which is greater and display the final ending based on that calculation?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 May 2021, 22:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sarahsalv 

the short answer is yes that it is possible. It isn’t overly complex but due to the nature of how Typeform uses the logic for branching and calculations, you will have to evaluate each of your score_x’s against the other and resolve for a tie at the highest score, if you need to do so. 

I did this little example a while back to show a simple method of gathering ‘points’ for each item in a multiple choice list in a question and then ranking the answers to direct the user to which category was more important

I also worked on and resolved one that had 12 categories to evaluate and how to deal with ties - much more complex than that just 3 in my example above and 4 in your requirement. the client was happy. 

here is a screen shot of how i worked out the logic - at least a starting point for the example at the link

this is how i figured out if the score for category a was was bigger than category b

did the same for a vs c… 

then If a_gt_b = yes AND a_gt_c=yes then jumpto A is biggest (in my example)

hope this helps

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @john.desborough, using this logic formula, what happens when there is a tie score? How would I incorporate the tie breaker logic into this formula? Your answer will be a great help. Thanks.