Answered

Unlimited Answers to Dropdown Question - Is this possible?

• 26 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Say I’m asking for someone to list some of their favorite ice cream flavors. I want the user to be able to type in “va” and click “vanilla.” “Ch” and click “Chocolate.” and “Stra” and click “Strawberry.” Then, our database get’s populated with 1s for Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry.

(The ranking doesn’t matter, we just need 1s and 0s).

The question we’re asking will have ~1,000 potential answers we want to auto-populate for the user’s ease of use and to avoid typos on entry.

Right now, the only workaround I have is to ask the same question multiple times. The answers are limited by the number of times I duplicate the question. I’ve duplicated the question five times...But what if the user has 20 answers? Then we run into a problem and miss out on important data.

Any help to un-limiting the answer choices? Is there such thing as “select multiple” on Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 August 2021, 18:12

View original

5 replies

See below, scroll down, and look at the “multiple search” dropdown. This is exactly what we need.

https://fomantic-ui.com/modules/dropdown.html#multiple-search-selection

See below, scroll down, and look at the “multiple search” dropdown. This is exactly what we need.

https://fomantic-ui.com/modules/dropdown.html#multiple-search-selection

Can confirm - I used this for a postcode selection which had about 3,000 options. Works just fine!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WillRoss Thanks for stopping by the community! In the dropdown field, we don’t have the option for multiple select, but we do with our multiple choice question. The downside is that if you have a lot of answer options, it would be a really long multiple choice question, but it would allow you to have multiple answers. 

Though, I think your workaround would be the best solution, and I can share this feedback with our product team. :grinning:

Hey @Liz, Please enable this feature as this would simplify a lot of things. I am facing this trouble on a daily basis with my clients for whom I design the surveys. I may have to consider a change of platform, because of this.

Please consider.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Vanessa Tierney Thanks for stopping by the community! While I can’t personally enable or create this feature, I can share this feedback with our product team. :grinning: If you think of any other questions/feedback, please let us know.