Question

Urgent Problem with Multiple Typeform Logic Rules

• 7 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m having a very urgent problem with Typeform logic rules.
I've created a Typeform to get my customer's order forms. The relevant three variables for my problem are: @link, @ment, @aaa

When an order goes through, @link is replaced with a payment link that corresponds to the order amount. Then when the payment method is by card, @ment is replaced with "please click on the payment link to finish your transaction". 
When the payment method is by bank account, @link is replaced with our bank account number, and the @ment is replaced with "please transfer money to the account number". 
So far, so good.

The problem occurs when I'm dealing with orders that exceed 6 people. An earlier question asks how many people the order is for, and if it is over 6, the user is prompted to enter the specific number in the "other: over 6" option. Because I haven't created payment links for orders with over 6 people, I want the final page of summary to say "$__ per person" and then send the exact amount later by text message.
I've set the variable @aaa to equal "per person" when the number of people is over 6.

So whatever the order amount and payment method are, if @aaa equals "per person", I want the @link to be replaced with "we'll get back to you with the order amount within 2 business days" and @ment with "you've selected the 'over 6' option. I've set the logic for each variable in that scenario, but this isn't happening. Instead, I'm getting the @link and @ment that correspond to the payment method. I've played around with the order - putting @aaa logic rules both before and after the payment method rules, putting the @aaa rules under the question of number of people, etc. - but the result is the same. 

Why are the @aaa rules not in effect? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry the question is so complicated and convoluted :(

Thank you in advance!

P.S. The Typeform is in Korean so I thought it’d be useless to include screenshots.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @helena Thanks for stopping by and sharing this info! Sadly, screenshots are going to be the best way for us to see what you have set up, regardless of the language. Do you mind sending those over? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@helena - agree with what @Liz said.. you could possibly duplicate the form and then change the language of the duplicate form (in settings) to English and then do screen shots. That might also help us out.. 

thanks

des

Hi @Liz and @john.desborough,

Thank you for reading my question so fast!

I’ll include the screenshots with a brief explanation for each.

1. Pay by card

For every possible order amount (@cost), I’ve put @link to be a specific corresponding payment link (like Paypal).

Then if the answer to #17 (payment method) is A. by card, @ment is replaced with “Please click on the payment link to finish your transaction”.

This is working fine.

1. Pay by bank transfer

Right below the rules in the first screenshot, I have the logic rules for payment by bank transfer. If the answer to #17 is B. bank transfer, @ment becomes "please transfer money to the account number" and “link” becomes the banking information.

This is working, as well.

1. Order for over 6 people

First, this is the logic rule for when the answer to #13 (how many people) is not 1, and not 2, and not 3, and not 4, and not 5, and not 6 (in the question, the user has to select “Other” and enter a specific number). Then @aaa is replaced with “per person”.

Now this is where the problem occurs. Right below the rules in the second screenshot (pay by bank transfer), I’ve added the logic rules for if @aaa is equal to “per person”. In these cases, @ment is supposed to be replaced with “you've selected the 'over 6' option” and @link with "we'll get back to you with the order amount within 2 business days". Basically, I want the @aaa rules to override the payment method rules. But when I test the Typeform and enter a number over 6, I just get the @ment and @link that correspond to the payment method. It seems the logic rules for @aaa are not in effect at all.

I hope the screenshots make sense. Please let me know if any of the above is unclear. 

Thank you again for your help!