Answered

using typeform for interactive emails - this is not a survey

hi  - i wanted to communicate to prize winners what they have won but not via a boring email. how can i use typeform for this kind of non survey communication

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 7 May 2021, 18:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nkdav ,

I love this idea!! A couple of suggestions are to create a blog post (embed your Typeform into the article) that reviews the purpose of the prize program, how many participated and a big reveal of the winners. It’s a great way to recognize people as well as drive traffic to your website. 

If you don’t have a website, you can create a Typeform that engages people along the way of the story then has a big reveal at the end. You would simply create in Typeform then share the link. 

Would either of these work for what you’re trying to accomplish?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nkdav - from another user here .. i was doing something like this for a walking club where we want to give away prizes at the annual general meeting. 

the example at this link is based on the following: 

• i would sending out an email to the winners and including a prize code in the email (CD-1-winner, CD-2-winner, CD-3-winner) 
  • i would give the users a link to the users to go and find out what they won - for this demo, the link above

• for the example use the combinations 

• when they get to the site, i ask them to enter their prize code and then to validate their email address so we can be sure that we can match them up to the right prize

• i have created variables in the form for the prize codes and the logic matches up the answer to the question to one of the prize code variables

• i have created variables for the winners’ email addresses and use them to validate that the email entered matches up to a winners’ email

• then i route them to the appropriate ‘what you won’ page 

I could have used a link in the email with a hidden field that sent the prize code and their email across but i chose not to do that for the example or for my walking club 

this is just a conceptual way of using the typeform to engage them into finding out their prize. 

des

thanks so much - this is super useful and i love this way of engagement, thanks so much for sharing :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

thanks so much - this is super useful and i love this way of engagement, thanks so much for sharing :slight_smile:

@nkdav - i does require some manual administration to make it work in that you have to hard code in the winner emails and the prize codes, but if you only have a handful to do, it should not be that bad.. 

des