Answered

Variables sum after "going back"

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey!

I am trying to create a research form that has 6 groups of categories represented by a variable each. In the form not every category needs to be answered therefore you can go back to the “start” and beginn with a new category any time you want. However when the user goes back to “start” after filling out one category, the variable scores do not get submitted. Therefore the variable gets “restarted = 0”, how can I store the information of each variable regardless if it goes back to start? 

I’d appreciate your help a lot! 

Best,

Maria 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 October 2022, 04:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @leonmajose Happy Wednesday! This is expected behavior. If you send the respondent back in the form to re-enter data into previous questions, it will overwrite that data. Instead, you need to move them forward in the form, which might look like adding multiple of the same question and using logic jumps like this to show them only if they apply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @leonmajose - you might also want to consider asking the question “ do you want to address another category?” and if they answer yes, submit the answers and redirect them to the same form (again) - if they enter their name in the first pass through, you would want to have a hidden variable for the name and or email to use as the identifier, so that you could check to see if the name=xxxxx or email=xxxxx and if so, start at q1 .. if the fields are NOT xxxxx (ie there is a name and email) then go to q4 (after the email and name etc.. ) 

that way you would have multiple sets of data submitted for the individual with the name/email as an identifier that you could use to relate the data inside a Google Sheet that is Connect-ed, for example. 

des