Skip to main content
Question

Ways to get around duplicating forms?

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m sorry if this information is out there, but I’m not exactly sure what I’m trying to do so hard to find the answer, lol.

Right now, I’m using Typeform for my startup MVP. It’s a new type of dating solution that allows friends to make introductions for their friends. Right now, I have basic 3 forms that I link to each individual user’s profile. So basicaly, when I have a new user, I go into Typeform and I duplicate these three forms and rename them (Janet, Linda), then I go into Zapier and duplicate/relink my zaps,  and then I link them to the appropriate profile so that all responses that come back I know are associated with the name of the person’s profile. IS there a way to NOT duplicate all the forms but to still know who is using the form to “ make an introduction for Janet” versus “make an introduction for Linda???  Any way I can not end up with 25 typeforms at any time? I’m already confused as I write this, lol. This group was super helpful with my last question, thought it was worth the ask:)

thanks, 

Jessica

@Jessica.seepersad - sounds like a fun app!

you could probably get around all the duplication of forms (or at least a major part of it) by using a generic form BUT passing in hidden fields that have email of person making the introduction, the name of the ‘participant’ (Linda, Janet, etc) and then using the recall features to display the details on the form and to populate/identify the user and subject person’s details? 

sort of like me sending an email to a friend Joe that says “Hey Joe, you really should meet Linda - you can find out more about her here at thistypeformlink.com” … with the link containing the the details as hidden fields. 

just a quick thought on this 

des