Answered

Where can I find the "Outcome ID" of each outcome?

• 20 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a quiz with 8 outcomes. and I want to connect each outcome to trigger different stuff in ActiveCampaign. 

I am doing this via Zapier.

However the only way I found to see the “outcome IDs”, was to test my form. Which means I will have to do this 8 times (and every time I change some things in those outcomes probably). And it is a long questionnaire.

Is there a way to see the outcome IDs without having to fill out the form every time?

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 December 2021, 13:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @N1987A Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by the community. You can make this API call here, which should give you the IDs of each question and outcome in the form. 

Otherwise, we don’t have this directly in the builder, but the above call won’t count against your response limit. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@N1987A - you might be able to get away with using a variable and setting it to the appropriate outcome ending as a tag that can be passed over to AC ie v_ending = ‘outcome a’  … you should be able to map a variable like that across. (i do this with Keap) 

des

@Liz thank I was able to do that!!!

@john.desborough  what do you mean by “setting it to the appropriate outcome ending”? How do you “set” it?

Thanks for your responses :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@N1987A - you use logic rules to do this if you build this as a scoring quiz instead of an outcome quiz.. something like this: 

• create the outcome variable (ie v_outcome) as a text variable
  • logic rule(s) like this:
    • if result is ‘x’ then replace v_outcome with “outcome description 1” 
    • if result is ‘y’ then replace v_coutcome with “outcome description 2”
    • etc
  • this will then allow you to map the variable to a field/custom field in AC … you can use the ‘outcome description’ as the name of a tag you want to have applied

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear you were able to get the Outcome ID, @N1987A ! Let us know how this goes for you. :grinning: