Answered

Zip Code Logic

• 19 March 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to send visitors to different pages/questions based on a zip code question. I’m currently using short answer and “begins with 10” or “begins with 11.”

Short Text Question:

What’s your Zip Code?

Thank you Page:

Check out this [Product Link]

I know there may be few ways to do this, but my issue is I’ll have to put ~100s (1000s?) of logic jumps in there with all the ways I know.

1. Is there a way to do this with an upload or maybe within developer portal?
  2. Is there a better way to do this in the new builder (which I don’t have access to)?
  3. Am I using the wrong tool to try to do this?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 March 2021, 19:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bgardner - this is from a user

ok.. i was intrigued by this to see if there was a way to do this that might work.. 

read the following then try this link as an example

• i created a drop down with a list of ‘zip codes’ 
  • i added one code that had the same numeric ending as this community page to test a theory (ie it is 831 if you look at the top) 
  • so i asked the user to select the zip from the drop down - try it with 831 first to see this
  • it should make one stop to to show you the zip code selected as a recalled variable
  • then when you press the continue button it goes to the page associated with answer = 831 , where it presents the url with the zip code placed in the url text or it takes you to another page altogether that has all other selections from the url listed
  • i was trying to mimic targeting specific pages per zip code as  you mentioned. 

you would need to invest the time to put in place the number of logic statements to redirect if you wanted to do so, or test out the little technique of just appending the zipcode to the end of the url, assuming you had your pages designed in such a naming convention or could manufacture that at the web site.. 

the images below show the ‘link builder screen and the logic path i used to stream to to different ending pages.. 

as they say in Canada, “fill yer boots”

des

Thanks! I don’t think this technique is going to work, but it’s inspired me a bit. I also don’t have the new forms yet :/. 

The appending the Zip Code is a good idea.