Answered

Can I have the muted video different from the first video that plays?

• 17 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

My first video segment includes some graphics that I explain with voiceover. I would rather that the viewer ONLY SEES ME talking muted prior to when they click PLAY — in other words: to have the looping muted video just be the first twenty seconds of that first video segment. The workaround I’m trying to avoid is to have the viewer click PLAY and then need to click CONTINUE after twenty seconds. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 17 March 2023, 16:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @RICK VAN NESS happy Friday!

So, just checking I’m understanding correctly, you’d want something like a custom placeholder gif/looped video, and then once someone clicks play it launches into the actual sequence? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Exactly.  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RICK VAN NESS, I hope you’re doing well!

While it’s not currently possible to customize the loopable GIF, here are some alternative solutions:

• Turn on the pause autoplay feature. This will show a freeze frame, rather than play the looped video on mute.
  • Enable captions by default. Even though the video is muted, respondents will be able to read the captions.
  • Reorder the steps in your videoask so this video is on the second step. Only the first video of the videoask will loop on mute. Other steps will automatically play the video with sound.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for the suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We’ll add this to the feature request board too @RICK VAN NESS would be interested to see how popular an idea it is, so let’s see!