Answered

Game-show Style Trivia | VideoAsk

Userlevel 2

I’d like to host a game show style trivia contest via Video Ask, 12 questions, multiple choice and curated via video. I’d like to limit the amount of time the user has to lock in their final answers to each question, if possible. Upon completion of the 12 questions, I’d like the user to learn how many questions they answered correctly but without revealing which questions exactly they answered correctly (i.e. 8 out of 12). I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do this, can you please help? 

icon

Best answer by Grace 24 May 2022, 11:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @PJ Roustan thanks for stopping by, this is a very cool idea for a videoask! Is there a particular theme or subject for the gameshow? We’d love to know a little bit more about how you’re using it if you’re up for sharing 😊

At the moment it’s not possible to set a time limit for respondents, so while you can adjust the time limit for video and audio responses, you can’t set a limit on how long they have to complete a multiple choice question before moving them onto the next one. This is currently on our feature request board so I’ve added a +1 to it 🤞

We’re currently working on the scoring features of VideoAsk, right now you can use it with advanced logic to assign scores to respondent answers to help prioritise customers and leads, but it’s not possible to then show the user their score so you wouldn’t be able to create a results step natively through the videoask. 

I’m wondering whether you might be able to achieve some of this using something like Make (formerly Integromat) 🤔 I’m going to ask around the team a bit as I know we’ve seen some people play around with quizzing options in VideoAsk so I’ll see what I can find out and drop some info here! 

Userlevel 2

We intend on using it to host brain health quizzes and brain teasers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome @PJ Roustan that sounds like a great use case!

Just been looking into this and I think there could be a way of using the scoring functionality to calculate the results, if you assign a score to each multiple choice answer then you should be able to use advanced logic to calculate the results and then send the user to a step based on their score so they get to see a results step that you’ve created depending on which options they pick - it might get a little complex with so many questions, but I think it could be doable.

Have a play around and see what you think, I’ll try and put together a demo for you and post it here 😊

Userlevel 2

You are a legend, I will do my best but if you can find a solution, I will definitely make it worth your while! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @PJ Roustan here’s a basic demo of how you could use scoring to determine the results step of your videoask - hopefully this helps but let me know if you’ve got more questions and I would recommend checking out this help center article if you decide to set it up! 

Userlevel 2

OMG, I love you! Thank you so very much for taking the time to show me this. I will most certainly do my best to put your advice to work and should I run into any issues I will surely reach out! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha great stuff @PJ Roustan happy to help! Let me know how you get on, would love to see the videoask once it’s ready if you’re happy to share it! 😁