Answered

Hello, I have a question about the videoask feature.

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I made some videos through VideoAsk, but I have a question.

1. Is it possible to change the location of the subtitles?

I mainly use VideoAsk in a mobile environment, but the answer selection button is located above the subtitles, so it is inconvenient to see the subtitles.

2. Can i make it play right away without pressing the play button on the first video?

Several users who have seen my videoAsk have given feedback that they wish the first video would play right away.

3. Is it possible to prevent users from downloading my VideoAsk videos?

Now you can right-click on the video to download it easily.
    Can't i prevent this?

Are these features available now, and if not, will they be updated in the future?

icon

Best answer by Grace 26 July 2023, 12:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @FloorB welcome to the community and thanks for kicking off with some great questions!

1. It’s not currently possible to change the positioning of the captions. The ability to move the captions is currently on our feature request board so I’m going to add a +1 to it and include the feedback you shared. 

2. You could try adding the parameter ?autoplay to your videoask URL but it’s normally due to browser/device permissions that autoplay is stopped (I think for peoples convenience or not being disruptive, just in case someone doesn’t want a video playing as soon as they open a webpage).

3. At the moment it’s not possible to prevent this, although again it’s on our feature request board so I will add you to the list. A workaround could be to pre-record your videos and add a watermark if you’re worried about people downloading your videos.

I will definitely keep you posted on any updates to the feature requests. Let us know if you have other questions or any feedback as you continue to use VideoAsk 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @FloorB! Just wanted to check how you’re getting on. Do you still need help with anything?

Wishing you a great week ahead.😊

Hii

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mukul Saini welcome to the community, do you have any questions about using VideoAsk?