Answered

Is it possible to use advanced logic features with accumulative scores to multiple choice questions?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m using multiple choice questions together with video responses and would like to stop asking multiple choice questions and jump to the video questions when/ if a respondents accumulative score is equal to or less than a determined amount. Is this possible? 

For example, if by the time we get to question number ten the respondent has answered 5 incorrectly, they would jump/ skip the subsequent multiple choice questions and advance to the end. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 16 May 2023, 22:26

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @M Leahy happy Friday!

You can use scoring and advanced logic to jump people to different steps within your videoask flow, check out this Help Center article here to learn about how to set it up. 

One thing to note is that scoring only works on certain answer types (multiple choice is one of them) so if you want to add a score to an open ended question it wouldn’t be possible, but if it’s just about scoring the multiple choice questions it should work.

Let us know if you have other questions along the way, interested to learn more about what you’re building 🤓

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Grace, 

Thanks for your reply. I've figured out how to use scores and the advanced logic feature but what I'd really like to do is jump people to another step if their accumulated score is less than a set amount. 

So not just based on their score from one question but on their total score up to that particular point. 

Do you know if that's possible?

Kind regards, 

Michael 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @M Leahy you should be able to select that if a score is less than a certain amount they jump to a specific step, and you will need to add in an extra step after the qualifying questions to calculate the score

hopefully that works! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Grace. I tried this out but didn’t seem to get it to work. I’ll keep trying - though would be good to know if anyone has managed to do this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @M Leahy, great question!

The easiest solution I can recommend, if it would work for your use case, is immediately disqualifying respondents who answer a question incorrectly. For example, you can set up the logic so that if they answer incorrectly, you send them to the end screen of the videoask. 

In theory, you should be able to set up the workflow you’re looking to build. However, it would be quite tedious since you’d need to create a condition for each step and each answer within each step of your videoask.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Andrew. 

I’ve managed to do as you suggest but what I’m interested in is moving a customer to the end of the Videoask based on their accumulative score over multiple questions.

So, for example, if we have our questions divided into four sections, I’d like to create a condition for their score for section one - if the total score for section one is less than 15 points (out of a possible 20), then jump to the end of the test. Otherwise, continue to section two.

Do you think it’s possible to use the conditional logic feature in this way?

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing that additional info, @M Leahy

Yes, if you break it down into sections, that makes it easier to accomplish.

After each section, I would add a step that serves as a checkpoint. On that step, you could simply include a button that says “continue”. Then for the logic setup, you could send respondents whose score is less than 15 to the end screen. Otherwise, respondents can proceed to the next section.

Userlevel 1
Badge

oooohhhh that’s interesting! Thanks Andrew. Can’t wait to try this out now. Excited to see if this will work. Will let you know how I get on.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, @andrew_videoask it worked! Thanks for your help. Looking forward to start trialling it soon.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo great news @M Leahy! Let us know how you get on 🙌