Answered

Transparent Pause and Replay Buttons?

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

@andrew_videoask 

Is it possible to add both a transparent pause icon to the center of each videoask while playing and instead of a transparent PLAY icon at the end of each videoask….a REPLAY icon instead?

I’ve had a number of people go thru my videoask and they didn’t realize they could pause the video while playing (they wanted to take notes) and they also wanted to replay the video at the end to see it again. However, it’s not intuitive without a transparent PAUSE icon during the video and a transparent REPLAY icon at the end of the video, instead of the PLAY icon. 

I am attempting to have my video editor add a transparent pause button to the center of the video as well as a replay circle that appears at the end of each video embedded in the default play icon at the end of each video.

If this isn’t available Andrew, would be great if you could suggest this to the dev team.  Thank you!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 22 May 2023, 17:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Richard69 how’s it going? Andrew is taking a well deserved break today so thought I would jump in here! 

At the moment it’s not possible to add a pause button/replay icon to the video but this is some great feedback so thank you so much for sharing! 

I’m sure Andrew will jump in if he comes up with a workaround, but in the meantime I’m going to add this to our feature request board so the product team can check it out.

Thanks so much, have a great Friday! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Richard69, thanks as always for sharing your feedback; we appreciate it!

The workaround of baking this functionality into the video itself is a great solution. I’ll log this internally as a feature request 🙂