Best music to create typeforms & videoasks

Show first post

468 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yay @Gabi.Amaral good to see you over here! Sounds like you have been suuuuper busy! Hope it’s all going well at the new job 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yaaaay, loving this! We definitely need a new one for this year!! I'll contribute with a Bossa Nova so you won't forget my "Brazilianess"! Hehehehehe

Love this song @Gabi.Amaral 😍 It’s like you never left! Glad to hear you’re keeping busy and getting to see the world (although as @Liz would demand – photos or it didn’t happen!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for that absolute classic @Grace , I wonder what that video would have looked like in today’s era of remote work – a lot more boring I imagine. Plus it would have been called “9 to 9:30 followed by a yoga session before starting work again at 11 then watch some Netflix then lunch at 12:30 then check emails then a quick nap until 3 then a couple of zoom meetings before clocking off at 5”

Regarding the campaign for a new Community playlist (thanks to the campaign leader @john.desborough for the rallying), the good news is: I’m working on a new 2023 Community Playlist!!!! But what we’re missing is music!!!

So please folks, let’s start throwing our choices in here so we can get the new playlist on the air (I’ve managed to figure out how to embed it on the Community home page - have added the old one there for now).

I know there are a lot of music fans out there so what do you think? What should we put in our Community playlist
@Liz @john.desborough @Darnell @suzieq @Gabi.Amaral @Jon @vviswanathan777 @Michaela @Gabolino  @picsoung @mathio @amy.carlson @Paulo ??

This one’s been on my cassette player recently and it goes very well with the nice weather that is now here…

@James hmmmm…. that’s a good question about what I’d like to see/hear in the Community playlist. Let me stew on this and get back to you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’m going to modernize the vibe a little bit and support my girl Rosalia! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

what you do when you are up at 3 am to kiss the missus off on a road trip… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🤣 @john.desborough even at 3AM your song/joke selection is impeccable. 

Here’s another hit of Belafonte for when you wake up (sorry @suzieq for drawing us away from the modern musical times again – I blame Des :P)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

🤣 @john.desborough even at 3AM your song/joke selection is impeccable. 

Here’s another hit of Belafonte for when you wake up (sorry @suzieq for drawing us away from the modern musical times again – I blame Des :P)

I’ll take that ‘blame’ @James - hmmm.. maybe we can go with the “what’s old is new” theme.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🤣 @john.desborough even at 3AM your song/joke selection is impeccable. 

Here’s another hit of Belafonte for when you wake up (sorry @suzieq for drawing us away from the modern musical times again – I blame Des :P)

I’ll take that ‘blame’ @James - hmmm.. maybe we can go with the “what’s old is new” theme.. 

Agree. What an absolute banger  ✌

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy New Week everyone 😀 Hope you all ad a great weekend. Thought I’d kick off this week with an absolute banger from the 15th Century which has been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks:

If anyone has any recommendations of other great medieval music like this please let me know, I’m on a bit of a Middle Ages tip right now.

On the subject of more modern classics, would love to know your big highlight from The Cure concert, @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - loved that Middle Ages song.. (I was going to say i remember the original .. lol.. but i am not quite that old….)

As for The Cure concert, Lullaby was downright exceptional but the crowd favourite was Friday..here’s the video someone took of the Saturday concert version. Doesn’t quite do justice to the way the sound filled the arena but not bad for a cell phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

wow @john.desborough the venue looks real impressive (I’ll use my imagination on the acoustics). What a treat! Glad you got to enjoy them with your lad. Hopefully they’ll be back soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

wow @john.desborough the venue looks real impressive (I’ll use my imagination on the acoustics). What a treat! Glad you got to enjoy them with your lad. Hopefully they’ll be back soon!

indoor arena .. sound was much better than the audio of that was recorded.. For a lad who’s a year older than me, he still has pipes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

today’s musical interlude is brought to you by some old funky stuff that is playing round here today

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

going some old school funk.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

what a tune, what a vid @john.desborough 🐶

We’re off on a driving trip through Europe at the weekend and currently looking for some cool tips to tee up on Spotify as we cruise around the French Riveria and Northern Italy. This one will definitely be on full blast, but if anyone can recommend other great road trip tunes I’m all ears: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - enjoy the road trip.. Canada Day weekend here.. nice long weekend as well.. 

throw this one on the playlist as you are driving about.. and looking up at the stars… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Throwing this one into the mix for a Friday, enjoy your holiday @James and the long weekend @john.desborough 🍹

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cheers @john.desborough , this is a new one on me so thanks for the heads-up. I’m definitely not hating it, in fatct I might be tempted to say it’s out of this world - love the vibe, kinda Costello-esque (Elvis not Abbot and). Looked up Graham Parker and glad to say he’s still with us and waiting for those UFOs. Don’t worry Graham I think they’re on their way 👽

Happy Canada Day to you and your kin 🇨🇦 One of my fave exports (other than the syrup):

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - great tune for the start of the long weekend!!

@James - There’s a lot of Elvis on the play list here.. lol.. and only a couple of them are Presley’s lol.. 

Love me some Leonard - I have a couple of his early albums (yes on vinyl!) that go back to the first recordings 

and cuz it is Friday.. here’s a throw back.. and what i keep saying to my missus: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh nice choice for a Friday @john.desborough 🌞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Morning all and happy Monday! 

I watched the Wham Netflix documentary over the weekend so thought I’d drop in a classic here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - my wife loved that show..

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

a powerful voice, often misunderstood… she is what she was!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

a powerful voice, often misunderstood… she is what she was!

Darned straight @john.desborough 

Today I shall be listening to this for one special reason: it’s the theme tune of Test Match Special as England and Australia enter the final day of the last test (beautifully poised btw). For me going back to my youth in the UK, this is always part of the soundtrack to the Summer 🏏

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

gotta love a good test match. misunderstood by many folks but it’s a great way to watch the grass grow.. lol 

great track @James !!