Best music to create typeforms & videoasks

Show first post

468 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I was pretty obsessed with this unplugged for quite some time.  

Oh my, me too! I had it burned on a CD and it would hardly ever leave my Discman. (Feeling super old as I’m typing this, hahah)

@Michaela if it makes you feel any better, I used to have a discman too! And a walkman - even when all my classmates in high school were using MP3 players and ipods. 

Nothing can beat a good old self-made mixtape… :metal_tone3:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh my, me too! I had it burned on a CD and it would hardly ever leave my Discman. (Feeling super old as I’m typing this, hahah)

@Michaela if it makes you feel any better, I used to have a discman too! And a walkman - even when all my classmates in high school were using MP3 players and ipods. 

c’mon ladies.. 45s and LPs were all that was around when i was as kid .. until the cassette tapes came along … BEFORE the walkman lol.. we all had mix tapes when we could and I even remember getting a band to sign my ‘original’ tape of their album on the cassette label.. if you had a two cassette tape deck you had a lot of friends who wanted to copy tapes lol.. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

And, since this week the theme is NPR's TIny Desk concerts, here is my favourite Spanish one:

(love Natalia Lafourcade, she is awesome!)

ANd here is my favourite English one:

(another awesome woman with an amazing voice :blue_heart: )

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

c’mon ladies.. 45s and LPs were all that was around when i was as kid .. until the cassette tapes came along … BEFORE the walkman lol.. we all had mix tapes when we could and I even remember getting a band to sign my ‘original’ tape of their album on the cassette label.. if you had a two cassette tape deck you had a lot of friends who wanted to copy tapes lol.. 

LOL ok ok, John - you win!! :smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And, since this week the theme is NPR's TIny Desk concerts, here is my favourite Spanish one:

(love Natalia Lafourcade, she is awesome!)

ANd here is my favourite English one:

(another awesome woman with an amazing voice :blue_heart: )

lovely songs.. thank yo so much for sharing … !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

not about winning lol.. @Nasia .. it’s about sharing history lol.. (i do remember seeing the Beatles perform on Ed Sullivan the very first time - it was one of the shows our parents let us watch…. )  BUT i will admit that we never ever had an 8-track machine playing country music in the car… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

not about winning lol.. @Nasia .. it’s about sharing history lol.. (i do remember seeing the Beatles perform on Ed Sullivan the very first time - it was one of the shows our parents let us watch…. )  BUT i will admit that we never ever had an 8-track machine playing country music in the car… 

You watched their debut on the Ed Sullivan show in the 60s?! :flushed:  Wow!
Witnessing history there indeed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh my, me too! I had it burned on a CD and it would hardly ever leave my Discman. (Feeling super old as I’m typing this, ha)

LOL ok ok, John - you win!! :smile:

not about winning lol.. @Nasia .. it’s about sharing history lol.. (i do remember seeing the Beatles perform on Ed Sullivan the very first time - it was one of the shows our parents let us watch…. )  BUT i will admit that we never ever had an 8-track machine playing country music in the car… 

You watched their debut on the Ed Sullivan show in the 60s?! :flushed:  Wow!
Witnessing history there indeed! 

@john.desborough @Nasia that's weird. I was listening to a podcast about that episode of Ed Sullivan at lunchtime. Did you know a wee Davey Jones appeared on the same episode as the Artful Dodger? I Youtubed it and it's a truly terrible performance so I won't share there but instead I will share the trailer for Peter Jackson's Get Back which looks simply mindblowing. What with this, the Covid vaccine and the Playstation 5, I'm looking forward to 2021 hopefully maybe turning into a good year. Dare I dream?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - great clip.. and i am looking forward to seeing the whole thing.. and yes, dare to dream … without dreams we are stuck in reality!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

today's musical interlude is brought to you by all those looking at a possible career change due to another round of lockdowns and economic interruptions by COVID.

(stay the feck at home and abide by the public health requirements in your locale please - for the sake of your family, friends, neighbours and newscasters everywhere

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

sipping coffee in a quiet house, excellent coffee btw, and this song is playing as i realize it’s a long weekend.. Happy Easter weekend folks.. 

Badge +5

I actually never asked you, what your favourite coffee, Des? 

Happy Easter! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy Easter! 

Black and strong! (but not over-roasted, which i find a little with Starbucks -just my opinion) 

I currently use two companies in Canada - one is called GothRider, their coffee has a much higher caffeination than regular but very very smooth, and another brand from western Canada called Kicking Horse, and i like their Cliff Hanger Espresso and their 454 Horse Power. I have an espresso/capuccino machine and i usually make it as a double long espresso… during the work day.. but Sunday mornings, two single shots into the cup and tossed back like tequila lol

how about you sir??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

ok.. so this is not just music but rather awe inspiring - a choreographer friend of mine recommended this.. 

Badge +5

Happy Easter! 

Black and strong! (but not over-roasted, which i find a little with Starbucks -just my opinion) 

I currently use two companies in Canada - one is called GothRider, their coffee has a much higher caffeination than regular but very very smooth, and another brand from western Canada called Kicking Horse, and i like their Cliff Hanger Espresso and their 454 Horse Power. I have an espresso/capuccino machine and i usually make it as a double long espresso… during the work day.. but Sunday mornings, two single shots into the cup and tossed back like tequila lol

how about you sir??

des

I love a latte in the morning and a cortado after lunch. I'm far from a coffee expert but I can't live without it. I often buy Kenyan coffee in a local shop here in Barcelona, but also Mexican and Guatemalan. Lots of caffeine and very smooth sounds like a perfect combination! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Happy Easter! 

how about you sir??

des

I love a latte in the morning and a cortado after lunch. I'm far from a coffee expert but I can't live without it. I often buy Kenyan coffee in a local shop here in Barcelona, but also Mexican and Guatemalan. Lots of caffeine and very smooth sounds like a perfect combination! 

When we were in Alicante in 2014, I would wander down to a small cafe near the beach just after sunrise with a cortado and tostada con tomate .. a nice quiet time of day to watch the colours in the sky and enjoy the world trying to find its rhythm

when i am buying beans in the market here - which seems like a distant memory these days, I try to find a Kona peaberry or Guatemalan as well. 

enjoy your sunday afternoon with your son!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

While not a huge fan of some forms of rapping, I saw this short NPR concert by Macklemore and thought i would share - the first song of the series touches a lot about what my eldest daughter has gone through and i think the underlying message of “it’s the love inside us that counts” is key… 

Badge +5

ok.. so this is not just music but rather awe inspiring - a choreographer friend of mine recommended this.. 

This is great, Des. The dancer is such an incredible athlete! 

My musical 2cents of today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - great selection .. had not heard them before.. loved it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

staying with melodies… here is today’s interlude: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

now, for this old curmudgeon, THIS is a Friday morning song.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I obviously couldn’t end work today without posting about Taylor Swift’s semi-new album so here’s a link to my childhood ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

almost unplugged.. 

Badge +5

What an incredible version! Love it, Des. 

This is part of an incredible Flamenco/Jazz album by our very own Cigala and Cuban piano player Bebo Valdes

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - am very familiar with Cigala but had not heard this collaboration before.. excellent.. 

des