Answered

Can Typeform populate powerpoints/pdfs with responses

• 22 November 2023
  • 6 replies

hi,

we are considering using Typeform in our company if it can fulfill our requirements:

Can Typeform dynamically update a specific PowerPoint slide and/or pdf?

not generate a PowerPoint or pdf based on the answers from the form, but if i have a PowerPoint/pdf template, where certain slides/pages sections are left blank and are filled based on some of the answers of the form. is this possible?

e.g i have a blank text box on slide 4 of my powerpoint. i want this text box to be filled with answers from a specific question in the form once the form is submitted by the user, is this possible?.

thanks for any advice!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 22 November 2023, 19:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @knowlec welcome to the community 😊

This sounds like a cool set up, I believe something like this is possible using Google Slides, but I’m not 100% sure if it can also be done with Powerpoint.

Tagging @john.desborough to see if he’s got any hot tips! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace @knowlec - nope.. not today, at least into the pptx world. 

you can do this with Google Sheets, Slides and Document Studio - to merge the data into the Slides and then save as a pdf. For my work, I use this process and display the PDF in presentations rather than convert to ppt (which you can do if you have the Adobe’s tool (or another)) 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace @knowlec - don’t have any wisdom in the MS world to do this.. 

what i do is use Google Sheets, Slides and Document Studio add-on to merge data in to a Slides template and save it as a PDF. I use the pdf for presentations. 

If i need to convert into ppt from that point, i have Adobe’s tool to convet pdf into ppts. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing @john.desborough 😊

@knowlec would it be possible for you to go down the GSuite route for this, or does it need to be Powerpoint specifically?

thanks @Grace and @john.desborough for your input and recommendations.

Unfortunately we are tied to MS office products so it appears we will have to figure out another route internally.

kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming @knowlec  if anything changes we will definitely let you know!