Answered

Feeding first/last name and email throughout series of typeforms

• 24 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there!

Okay...my company offers a coaching program, part of which consists of a series of assessments that are dripped out to our clients over a 3 month period. Currently, we have our clients enter in their name and email on each assessment, which feels incredibly redundant. 

Since we collect their first/last name and email in the onboarding assessment, I was hoping that I could send that data set back into the following assessments in our sequence. 

The above article was the closest that I’ve come to figuring this out, but it assumes that the user is completing the assessments one after the other through a redirect. Unfortunately, that won’t work because it could be a few days in between our assessments. We also have our typeform assessments embedded on our website, and we send our client a direct link to our website, not the typeform. 

There are two options that I’ve been thinking about.

1. I have a google sheet receiving all of the onboarding entries and have attempted to integrate with Zapier to send first/last name back into the other assessments with hidden fields. The problem I’m running into with that option is I am unable to connect data from the sheet to a hidden field through Zapier. Even if I could, another issue would then be, how do I feed the right name and email since my sheet has a whole bunch being fed into it?
  2. That last question led me to the thought of creating a trigger for every new onboarding entry in typeform to create a new sheet. That, I imagine, would at least allow me to have only one name/email option to pull from, but I still don’t know how to keep that moving across all of their assessments other than manually creating unique links for each user, which is not scalable for our user base. 

Ultimately, I think that we would somehow need to generate a unique user id for each onboarding entry. But then how do I get those unique IDs into the embedded typeform… 

I would think that someone has tried to do this before, but I couldn’t find another exact use case that I could model. I really don’t know if this is even possible. 

Anyway, I greatly appreciate any help on this one. If you know of a recorded use case that covers this exact issue, please send it my way!

Kindly, 

Jason

icon

Best answer by jeremielp 24 February 2023, 23:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you drip the link by email, the best would be to enter or update your email software to add the firstname/lastname after they complete the first form, using Zapier for example.

Then, for all the next forms, you can pass these data to your site at the end of the email link using ?firstname=XXX&lastname=XXX&email=XXX

And add this parameter when embedding your forms in your site, so that Typeform can read the parameters from the URL

data-tf-transitive-search-params=”firstname,lastname,email”

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/dynamically-pass-hidden-fields-from-a-url-to-an-embedded-typeform-for-advanced-users-4404652303892/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PARADIGMSHIFT Did the solution above help? Let us know if you still have questions!

Hi @jeremielp 

Thank you very much for the advice. That is a suitable solution for the moment until we get a developer on our team. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear that helped, @PARADIGMSHIFT ! Let us know if there’s anything else we can answer for you.