Answered

Form Name not showing for embedded forms in activity section on Hubspot

• 14 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Integrated some forms to feed into our Hubspot, when these are submitted they show in the activity section but in some instances are missing the name of the form, only shows the “Please dont modify Create by Typeform(ID:xxxxxxx)” link.  This looks to be occurring for forms submitted that are embedded in our website, forms submitted by using the direct link look to show the form name and link as expected.  Do you know how we can resolve this so we can see the name of the form?

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 April 2022, 18:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanW Welcome to the community! This is expected behavior. You will find the form UID in that title though, which corresponds with the typeform URL. 

For example, if my Typeform URL look like this

babsisrad.typeform.com/to/adifjfdf

The part in bold is the form UID and will match the one in Hubspot. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks @Liz !  Do you happen to know why the name shows in some instances but not others, please see the examples below.  I am guessing it has something to do with the source of the form but not sure?

Here is how we would like to see activity details for forms when submitted:

But we are also seeing customers coming from different sources that are missing that second name/link:

Any help on how we can get all forms to function in the same way as the first image would be appreciated, makes it much easier to review what forms customers have submitted.  Thank you!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanW The ones where the name doesn’t show is from the previous version of the integration. The new version (which has V2 in that long string) will show it. 

Hopefully that helps explain the difference!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Liz , thanks for the support here!  I see the v2 in both strings in the example above, does that mean they are both using the new version?  If they are set to the old version how to I update that?  Delete and re-create the integration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NathanW Disregard what I said earlier! I asked our tech team about this, and they let me know that the form submissions that say “direct traffic” or “offline” are under the form that don’t have the Typeform name included. Though, when tracking is added, you’ll find those submissions under the form with the name of the form in Typeform. 

This article here talks a bit more about tracking. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz - we might want to solve this a slightly different way for sorting things on the Hubsopt side.  Is there a way that we can use a Hidden Field to submit the same generic answer with every form submission, such that we can know from that field which form(s) a person has filled out?  

Example:

Form 1 is called EV Readiness Score; Form 1 has Hidden Field (or similar) that we just fill in every time with “Took EV Readiness Score.”  We create a Hubspot field that connects to that field so that if someone takes that quiz they will have, in the field named Took EV Readiness Score Quiz they will have the content “Took EV Readiness Score.”

We’re trying to avoid buying up to an entire new tier of Hubspot to do calculated fields on account of this, so any suggestion on how to embed the fact of taking a quiz in what gets imported to Hubspot is appreciated. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NathanW - just a wild thought from someone on the sidelines: maybe pushing all the typeform data into a google sheet, doing any calculations you need there and then doing the push from Sheets to Hubspot? 

might be an option … des