Answered

Google Sheets Integration won't connect

• 3 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Please help! My integration to google sheets kept auto-turning off, so I disconnected the integration in hopes to reconnect it. But now, I keep getting an “oops, something went wrong” error.

Our form services thousands of respondents a day!! This is critical, and I can’t find a way to contact someone at typeform for help. Does anyone know what’s going on here?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 November 2021, 04:32

View original

7 replies

Can anyone help with this? My sheets integration kept auto turning it off, so I deleted the integration and tried to turn it back on to reconnect the sheet, but now it keeps saying “Oops something went wrong”.

How do I contact someone at typeform to help fix this? I don’t see anything in the community that would help resolve this.

I can’t create a new sheet, because the original sheet was using formulas integrated into our client’s sheets. So creating a new sheet would require a massive uplift to recreate the whole process that took six months to create. All because Typeform started bugging out???

Help is greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Merlin - welcome.. and that sucks! 

you can raise a help ticket at this link and they will get on the case shortly. 

Have there been any changes made to the Google Sheet tab(s) that receive data from the typeform? That will likely cause this issue to happen. I have seen several posts here in the community talk about this happening from time to time, and that seems to be the culprit. 

If you do remove the integration and re-create it, you might have to create a new spreadsheet as opposed to linking to an existing one. If the existing spreadsheet is in someone else’s account that might also cause an issue. One limitation i have seen posted is that IF you recreate your sheet and then say ‘yes’ to adding existing records to the sheet, it will max out at about 3,000 rows of data - i am not sure why but someone from the Typeform support team should be able to provide the details. 

good luck 

des

I can’t create a new sheet because our current sheet feeds into thousands of our clients sheets. we can’t simply tell them to change their sheets because of this error on Typeform’s end. I just want our regular sheet to get re-linked….

I’ve raised a ticket. Thanks for responding. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Merlin - it’s a royal pain in the butt, i understand. hope they can fix it quicklyi

I have seen the situation with one of my own clients where it was an issue on the Google side that caused the ‘disconnection’ with Typeform (a system backup routine that was run by IT shop corrupted a file and it daisy-chained) - solution there was to duplicate the google sheet, rename the ‘funky’ original and then rename the duplicate to the working name of the original. (all data, formulas and links were maintained) not purty but it worked for my client .. 

I tried that. Even the duplicated sheet won’t connect. It just gives me the same “oops, something went wrong” error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

now that is a dump in the park.. sorry to hear. 

fingers crossed for you with support. just to note that nothing is listed on the status.typeform.com site about issues or maintenance.. cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Merlin Were you able to get this solved with our support team?