Answered

Hide a landing page to embedded TypeForm form in WordPress

• 21 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve successfully embedded a TypeForm form in WordPress (Element or based website)

This thing is that I want that the landing page, from which the leads are direct to, will be hidden to subscribers only, and avoid passing the form stage to get to the “present”.

How do I do that, without the need to set a password protected page?

icon

Best answer by mathio 30 January 2022, 17:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @blsirael Happy Friday! You would most likely need to use custom code to do this. I don’t think there is an out-of-box code you can use for this, but @picsoung or @mathio might have some insight on this for you. 

If it helps, I have a few password protected pages on my personal Wordpress site (on Divi, but same concept), and it’s a lot easier/quicker to maintain and setup by password protecting it. I know it’s not the solution you want, but hopefully nice to know someone else using passing protected pages! I personally do it this way because I’m lazy and don’t want to have to maintain/update code or worry about what would happen when I change my CRM/subscriber database. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung or @mathio , do either of you happen to have any insights on this? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, I dont think you can limit access to typeforms. If someone knows the URL, they can always access your typeform.

If your users are not tech-savvy you could embed the form in your website and limit the access to this page with your embedded typeform. You will need to handle this logic in your website, outside of Typeform (eg. check if the user is already logged in or something).

There are some steps for hiding landing page in wordpress.

1. Set Up Your New WordPress Site.
  2. Install the SeedProd Plugin.
  3. Create Your WordPress Coming Soon Page.
  4. Customize Your Coming Soon Page Template.
  5. Choose When to Show Your Coming Soon Page.
  6. Hide Your WordPress Website
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the tips, @bevy43 ! Can you explain a bit more about how to use the coming soon page to hide the Typeform? Any specific steps you have for setting this up would be great for other community members.