Answered

How can I call an external API service?

• 16 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m new to TypeForms and I’m loving it but I’m facing some limitations that I’m hopping I can get resolved with your help.

We need to collect several attachments from customers and the number is always unknown. It could be one, it could be ten. According to some of the documentation, the only way to accomplish this in TypeForms is by creating a question group and adding one question per attachment. Needless to day, this option doesn’t work for us.

So, I was wondering if there’s a way so I can call for and external API or JS function that displays a window to collect all these attachments at once and allow the user to continue with the rest of the questionaire?

Also, we use some external API services, ie., an external API that verifies if a zip code is within the area of service, and I would love to use TypeForm to run this verification by asking for the Zip Code and returning a True/False response. But I don’t seem to find a way to do it.

Is there a way to make Direct API invocations without Zapier and another products?

Thanks.

Hector.

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 July 2021, 21:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @htorres Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday. :grin: It isn’t possible to call external APIs, I’m afraid. The method you’ve seen with the question group is currently the only method we have at the moment. 

Are there any particular APIs you’d like to call though? Happy to share this feedback with our product team! 

Tagging @kabir.mathur for some visibility.

Hi @Liz, thanks for your response.

We’ve few custom APIs that perform a function and return a simple response, but we also need to integrate with Stripe, not to charge customers, but to validate the customers’ credit card and charge them at a later time.

Thanks.

Hector.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @htorres Ah, interesting - thank you. I’ll share the feedback about Stripe to the product team. I see why that would be a handy feature to have. 

If there are any other APIs worth noting, please let me know!