Answered

How do we get different payment options that we have in Stripe to show in Typeform?

• 25 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello, we have the following payment options in our Stripe account:

1. credit card
  2. Klarna
  3. Clearpay
  4. Apple Pay

Yet when we add the payment question with Stripe integration into the Typeform, it only shows the credit card option. How do we show all?

icon

Best answer by Liz 28 November 2022, 16:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @earth Happy Monday! At the moment, our Stripe integration only accepts credit card payments, which is why you aren’t seeing the other options appear. You can read more about our Stripe integration and its capabilities here

Hi @earth Happy Monday! At the moment, our Stripe integration only accepts credit card payments, which is why you aren’t seeing the other options appear. You can read more about our Stripe integration and its capabilities here

Hello,

Is this still the case or do you guys now have a way to accept Apple Pay? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adan I’m afraid we don’t accept that still, but I will share the feedback with the product team. 😀

Hello, Affirm (or other popular buy now pay later options) is also something that we need as a business. Has Affirm been added to the Typeform Stripe integration yet? Stripe is offering many, many payment options that Typeform apparently isn’t compatible with. That’s quite frustrating and holds us back in terms of customer retention.

Is this something that can be added immediately to put Typeform on par with other platforms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BrianTC I’m afraid this isn’t in the roadmap, but do you mind sharing a bit more about your form and use case with this specific feature in Stripe? That’ll help me pass this along to the product team so they can understand how typeform might fit a buy now, pay later option on the forms. 

Hey Liz, sure. We offer event booths that are quite costly on an up-front basis for our vendors, into the thousands of dollars. Many of them know they will make that money back and then some during the event but might not have it on hand when they go on sale. Many of the small businesses we work with are hurting right now due to market dynamics and our events often provide a lifeline for them to keep the business going. If they’re unable to afford the fees up front, it’s sometimes quite literally a matter of shuttering the business or staying able to do the work they love. 
From what I understand it’s a really easy fix on your end to offer Affirm through Stripe. Their customer service explained to us that it’s one line of code for the button to appear on the form. (As it stands there is only the "payment_method_types": ["card" active.) They were quite responsive to my needs and would likely be willing to lend a hand to your team immediately to work it out. An added line of code simply activates a button that takes customers to the Affirm app to work it out there. Nice and hands off approach for both Typeform and us as users.
Thanks for listening!