Answered

How long does it take for mailchimp to be triggerd after an entry on typeform?

I’ve connected Mailchimp to Typeform and I was wondering how long it takes for the entry to be send to mailchimp. I’ve received a confirmation that the entry in typeform has been received, but the data doesn’t show up on Mailchimp.

P.s It’s been an hour and my mailchimp hasn’t been updated yet. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 2 May 2023, 17:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Renate M. It definitely shouldn’t take more than an hour, usually a few minutes max. Do you have a question on your form that asks the respondent if they want to opt into marketing emails? If so and they selected “no,” it’s possible they weren’t added to your Mailchimp account. 

Or, if you don’t mind sending a screenshot of your Mailchimp integration setup in Typeform, we can a closer look!

Hi @Liz,

Yes I’ve added a legal question (By submitting this form, you will receive emails related to this giveaway.) and I’ve answered I accept. Could the legal question be the issue?

Also, can I remove the question and will the integration still work?  

Screenshots of the integration:

@Liz I removed the legal question and now it works! Thank you for pointing that out :)

I do have an additional question, so in the form people can either nominate themselves or nominate someone else. 

When nominating someone else, I will ask additional questions such as the name and email adres of the person they’re nominating. Regardless if they’re nominating someone else, I will ask the nominator for their name and email address. I’ve created separate tags in Mailchimp so that the nominator and the nominees will also get a confirmation email. But there is a mixup in this, I suppose..

With my settings above (see screenshots) the nominator’s name is used, but the nominator confirmation email is send to the nominee. And the nominee isn’t getting a nominee confirmation email. Do you know how I can fix this? 

Thank you so much @Liz !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Renate M. Glad to hear that worked!

As for your second question, do you mind sending a screenshot of any workflows you have setup in Mailchimp? There might be an issue there with the trigger or setup within the automations. 

Ofcourse @Liz 

This is my Mailchimp process, someone (nominator) just nominated someone (nominee). The nominator got a confirmation email but was also tagged as the nominee. But the nominee didn’t get a confirmation.

Confusing! 

Hi @Liz Liz,

Do you think it's possible to hop on a call or chat live? I've been in contact with Mailchimp and they said I need to contact Typeform to get my problem fixed. I've been struggling for 3+ days and I really need to solve this sooner than later.

Thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, I think I know the issue, @Renate M.  This is because it’s tagging the email of the nominator (which is what Mailchimp uses to create the contact). I don’t think it would be possible with our native integration to tag the other email, but you could set up a Zap doing this. 

While the community is primarily for communal support help, you can contact our support team directly here for 1-1 support. Depending on your account plan, you may have the option for live chat. We don’t offer phone or Zoom chats at this time. 

Thank you for letting me know @Liz and for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Renate M. ! Let me know if you end up using Zapier and how it goes!