Answered

I am using Typeform in Confluence ... but I want to find out how I can capture the user id of the person that filled in the tyepform?

So, we love typeform and have already added it to our User Guide section which is in Confluence. I am able to capture the user feedback but one thing that I am unable to figure out is how to capture the user name or user email address so that I know which Client is giving me feedback and also that I am able to segregate feedback from internal employees vs external Client users. 

icon

Best answer by mathio 14 March 2023, 12:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mathio do you happen to know if it’s possible to pass data in from Confluence? I know it’s not the exact same thing as Jira, but figured you might possibly have some insight on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is there a concept of “variables” in confluence? If you can retrieve current user name or email address you can use those values to populate your typeform hidden fields. According to Atlassian Community it might be possible with macros - see thread.

I am sorry I dont have much experience with Confluence and can not help any further.

thanks .. appreciate all the responses!

I followed the thread but it's a dead end. at the moment getting information about the user is very important because I need to know which client gave me this feedback. and we use confluence heavily for our user documentation. 

I also checked the integration … it shows almost all Atlassian products except confluence so that also did not help.

I will give it one more try but if it doesn't work then will need to move out of typeform and go for some Atlassian app that can gather this info. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am afraid typeform is unable to read user data from their Atlassian account. You need to pass those data to your typeform as a hidden field.

Alternatively you might be able to embed the typeform in your own website and fetch user data from Confluence API.