Answered

Intercom integration – Typeform doesn't appear

• 13 August 2021
  • 7 replies

We use Intercom and Typeform. I have a Typeform I want to present in an intercom Message that gets triggered on certain user actions.

Here’s the steps that worked

• I’ve followed the setup instructions here and everything seemed to set up fine.
  • Composing my outbound message (a Post), I was able to insert the Typeform app and configure the block just as shown here
  • As a user on my site, I took the action to trigger the message, and it does appear with the Typeform block:

Here’s what does not work

• Clicking/tapping the button does not load the Typeform – it shows this webpage:

What I’ve tried to fix it

• Uninstall and then reinstall Typeform app in Intercom (per this post)
  • Try on Chat message type instead of Post
  • Delete the Typeform block  and re-create it
  • Checked that my subscription plan (Plus) includes Intercom integration (it seems to)

None of these have worked. Any help greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by picsoung 13 August 2021, 19:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Turns out it was a bug on our side with forms that had custom links. (Really happy to see you using it btw 😉)
This should now be fixed and you should be able to embed your typeform into Intercom regardless if it has a custom link or not.

Cheers
Nicolas

I am amaze - a bug report read, fixed, and deployed within a few hours. As a new typeform customer, color me extremely impressed 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@alaken Glad to hear!! :) @picsoung is definitely speedy with fixing those Intercom bugs hehe! Thank you nico!!

Hi all, hi @picsoung!

Just wanted to flag that this same error is happening again - could you please have a look into it? :nerd:

Thank you! :pray_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all, hi @picsoung!

Just wanted to flag that this same error is happening again - could you please have a look into it? :nerd:

Thank you! :pray_tone1:

Hey Brendan,
Sorry to hear you are facing issues with this integration.
Each case is different, while the first issue reported by @alaken could easily be identified as a bug (=no supporting typeforms with custom link), looks like everything is working fine on the moment on our side.

I would encourage you reaching out to our support team (support@typeform.com) so we could look specifically at your issue. Don’t forget to communicate your intercom workspace id, the typeform you try to embed and any screenshots/videos that would help us find the root of the issue.

Thank you

Hi @picsoung!

Thank you for your reply, i submitted this issue to your support team as you suggested, with all details, screenshots and video to help understanding my issue. I’ve been told by Nick from your support team that some work has been done on this specific topic on your side and that he couldn’t face the issue i am facing, saying that this work probably fixed the issue. But still, I’am facing the same issue.
Is there a way for anyone to assist to fix this issue i am facing? If helpful for you i am available for a videocall. It’s important for me to solve this, as I need this tool to work, and i am already a week late on launching this survey, on collecting customers data.

Thank you!

B

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brendan 
We have looked at your issue, both from the CS team and from the Engineering side. Sadly we could not reproduce it on our side, which makes it harder to debug and understand what could be going wrong.

What I would recommend, would be to start over the process to add your form to the home messenger.
And if it does not work still, record a Loom showcasing all the different steps you have taken, and where it’s failing. If you can showcase the developer console, under Network tab, you might see some red lines, highlight those.

If you have a public URL where we can test your flow it’s even better.

Please follow up with our CS team and we will continue our investigation.