Answered

Is it possible to let users record their answers?

• 15 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I would like to create a typeform where the questions are read to the user by an audio recording and have the possibility to record the user’s answers  in audio as well. Is this possible with either Typeform or Videoask?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Grace 18 July 2022, 10:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kiki Welcome to the community! It sounds like VideoAsk might be a better solution for this. 😀 I believe it’s only possible to have the questions read via video, but @Grace can share some more insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kiki 👋

@Liz is right, with VideoAsk you can record the question via video and then receive answers via video, audio or text (there are options to customize this so you only receive audio answers if that’s what you need) You’ll also get the transcriptions to the audio responses which could be useful depending on your use case. Then if you need to reply back to people that answer your questions, you can choose to reply back via video or audio message.

We have a guide to getting started with VideoAsk which might help with the decision making process, or feel free to drop me any questions! 😁

Hi @Grace and @Liz, thanks so much for your response! If I understood this correctly, with VideoAsk I can only record the question via video and cannot record the question via audio recording without a video?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kiki yes that’s correct!

You could get around this by recording a video that just has a background image with you talking over the top of it, I’ve created an example of this here:

I just recorded my screen and talked - not sure if that would work for you but thought I’d give it a try!

(the videoask is in preview mode so if you want to try replying go for it, I won’t receive an answer)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kiki Were you able to give VideoAsk a try? Let us know how it went!