Question

Issue tracking drop-off rate on GA4 (no event value)

• 21 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

Hello,

We recently integrated GA4 on one of our running typeforms, and just got the data from the week-end on GA4. We indeed see two events fired TypeformQuestionPassed and TypeformSubmit. However, we don’t see which questions are being passed (0 event value) and thus we can’t access the drop-off rates of the questions on this form.

Do you have any idea how we could fix this? I didn’t find the solution following this and this.

Thank you in advance for your help!

PS: Maybe to keep in mind, the typeform is not an embedded typeform.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WincAcademy I’m asking our tech team about this for you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @WincAcademy ! The lovely @suzieq shared this with me to help you find this data: 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,

Thank you for your answer and thank you @suzieq for your video.

Unfortunately, what I meant is that I don’t see an Event Label part in my report on TypeformQuestionPassed. Do I need to change something in my configuration to make it appear?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WincAcademy do you mind sharing the URL where you have the form embedded? We can first take a look to be sure that the data is being passed to GA4 correctly. 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,

I sent you a message with the link of the typeform. I did some research on the side and I’m starting to think that I may need to add a custom dimension in GA4 to see event labels, any idea on that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sending over that URL @WincAcademy . The first main issue I see is that you’re trying to pass a URL into a hidden field. This isn’t possible (to have a URL within a URL) and can cause issues. Can you try using a keyword instead of entering the entire URL into the hidden field? 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,

Thank you for responding. Are you talking about the typeform-source field? It is not directly set in our hidden fields on this test so I’m assuming it’s automatically populated?

Moreover, I have a hard time understanding how that could impact not seeing the “Event Label” field on our GA4 report. Are you sure it is not linked to a custom dimension missing in our configuration or something alike?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WincAcademy In the link you sent me via DM, this URL is entered into the link:

How are you passing the source in? 

Badge

Hi @Liz ,

I honestly don’t know how this source is passed in, I’ll look into it.
However, I have good news: I can now see the event_label, by adding this as a custom dimension in GA4. My remaining question would thus be: now that I have the number of events for each question, how can I automate the calculation of the drop-off rate of each question in a separate report in the Explore tab of GA4?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WincAcademy ah glad that’s working now!

@HC Marketing might have some advice on calculating drop-off rates!