Answered

Issue with embed in Pop-Up

• 10 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I have embedded a form in an Elementor pop-up template which is activated using a button on my page.

It works beautifully in all screen sizes with just one small issue causing problems.

The first click on any clickable item on the page will show the pop-up with the form. Once you dismiss the pop-up then you have to click on the correct button to show the form.

Any idea why this might be happening?

icon

Best answer by gregmerriman 13 September 2021, 18:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gregmerriman Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by. The popup embed is meant to be embedded directly onto your site, so if you’ve added it within another popup element, this is most likely the cause of the issue. Could you try adding the popup code directly to the page instead of within another popup? 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn’t using the Typeform pop-up embed but the standard embed inside a pop-up on my site.

I actually figured out what the issue was and it was an Elementor setting. When I created the pop-up, under the Triggers section I had set On Click to be on (made sense to me at the time!!) but this what was triggering by clicking any element. Once I turned that setting off now it only opens the pop-up with the embedded form when I click the correct button. Working perfectly now.

Thanks for you help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, thank you for sharing, @gregmerriman ! This is helpful to know in case anyone else building their site in Elementor happens to run into the same issue. 

If you think of any other questions or suggestions, please let me know!