Answered

Mailchimp not receiving responses?

• 3 March 2021
  • 8 replies

I’m a newbie! I have been struggling to find the reason why Mailchimp is not receiving the responses to my beautiful typeform. Alas, I have been trying to figure this out for hours, after many attempts. I’m grateful to ask here, but at a standstill. Thanks to anyone who can help me find the way through!

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 March 2021, 19:49

View original

8 replies

Hi all, 

I would like to know if someone can help me to figure the reason out why Mailchimp does not receive the responses of my typeform. I have been trying to figure this out but still doesn’t work.

Thanks to anyone able to help me :) 

Have a nice day,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @sacredvoice and @LOOK Cycle. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Can you confirm you've published your form before following the integration process? Also, did you connect Mailchimp to your form before you had any responses or did you set it up after receiving some responses already?

I'll ping @Liz so she can advise here too :) 

Hi @Mariana. Thanks for the warm welcoming :)

I can confirm that I published the typeform before starting the integration.

For you second request, I tried both. One typeform with already one answer and an other typeform with no answer. I had the same results unfortunately. My tags on mailchimp still doesn’t receive the responses

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks a lot for confirming, @LOOK Cycle

With this information, I believe @Liz will be able to help further. =) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LOOK Cycle :) Do your respondents already exist in your Mailchimp account prior to responding on your form? If so, existing contacts won’t be added/update through our native integration. :pensive:

@Liz so do we then add them manually through mailchimp

@Liz I am having the same problem and the person was not already on my email list.

Also did the integration after publishing and today went back in and re did the integration and was prompted to add the new sign ups to my mailchimp. I clicked yes and they are still not added in mailchimp

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lalenahagen sadly our integration doesn’t send over existing contacts, but you could use a service such as Zapier to automatically send them over so you don’t have to manually. 

It may be better to have our technical support team take a closer look into this since they’ll be able to look at the logs and point out if any errors are appearing, preventing the data from sending. Would you mind contacting them from your account email here? Once you do, I’ll ping them to let them know of this thread here! :)