Answered

No validation on Date question

Hey guys,

Typeform is not sending data to our Salesforce account (via the integration), because it’s not recognising the date format if the user doesn’t type out the full year (i.e. if they type 12/12/20, instead of 12/12/2020).

I’ve tried making the Date question required, but the form still accepts 12/12/20.

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to make the exact format (12/12/2020) required, so if the user enters 12/12/20 the user is notified and promoted to enter the full date?

Jarryd

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 June 2021, 22:58

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jarrydhennequin Thanks for stopping by, and great question! Our developers are aware of this, but I don’t have any particular timelines or updates as to if this will be fixed. Though, I have reached out to them to ask if they can provide any information. 

If you think of any questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @jarrydhennequin Our developers have said this is something they’ll be looking into in Q3. As always, I’ll share any further updates here!

I’m having the same issue. Considering removing Typeform from our workflow because of it. You would think something as basic as this would be included in such a premium product - a date picker calendar would also solve this issue. Any update on this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @timmy69gamerboy Thanks for your reply! As noted above, this is something our developers will begin looking at in Q3, which just started at the beginning of this month. As I have further updates, I’ll post them here. :grinning:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Liz, Are there any updates on your developers starting this fix?

Thanks,

John

Pls update whats going on here - also important for a flow for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jokiform I’m afraid this isn’t something they have implemented yet. 
Could you clarify what you mean by “importing a flow”? Thanks!

Sad to here. Right now the whole date field is useless for us if this is not fixed.

To clarify: Not importing, just important. We want to build a flow where we need this validation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Goodness, I read that completely wrong. As always, if there are any updates, @jokiform , I’ll post them here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I would love to see the Date field have a Date Validation, or ability to create logic based upon the date input.

Validation Example, don’t allow somebody to select a date before today, after today, before 18 years ago, before 3 days from now.

Branching Example: If date is before 3 days from now, then jump here, else jump there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jordan P I’ve added your post here so you can keep updated!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz thank you for attaching me to this forum. I see that some of these requests go back nearly a year. I understand that your development team started (or may have started) on date functionality changes in Q3 of 2021. Now that we are half way through Q1 of 2022, is there any progress from the developers? Also, what features are they planning on rolling out, and when?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jordan P Our product team is focused on creating address validation at the moment, so date validation isn’t currently on the roadmap. Though, if that changes, I’ll let you know here!

Hi everyone, 

Is there an option or something to do to make the “date” correctly available. 

I made a registration form and I would like to avoid people to choose a date which is already past. 

Thanks for you help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cindy18 I added your post here so you can follow for updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi everyone, 

Is there an option or something to do to make the “date” correctly available. 

I made a registration form and I would like to avoid people to choose a date which is already past. 

Thanks for you help. 

@Cindy18 - this may not solve your exact problem, but i have a client who has monthly workshops and they don’t want anyone to select a prior month’s workshop to attend BUT they want to list the the workshops to show they did have them. What we did was set up a ‘manual process’ on the first of the month to go in and set up a logic rule that used the “is before’ condition on the logic rule to either send the user to a page that says “sorry that session is over - pick another” or to go to the future date they selected. 

in the image below, the date is updated on the first of each month to rule out anything prior. 

Not a perfect solution (I would love to see a TODAY() type function available, personally) but it does help somewhat.. 

cheers

des