Question

Passing Hidden Field values when integrating with other apps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need to pass the value of a hidden field to Make.com which saves Typeform data to a SQL Server database. I will use this value to map to other data in SQL Server,

Webpages on our site have unique IDs such as :

?case=9576A93E-E644-4D5B-971A-E99CC061D542

I am saving this value to a hidden field: 

data-tf-hidden="case_id=<?= $CaseGUID ?>"

The value of this hidden field is not being posted to my integration app, only the answers from Typeform.

Am I missing something? Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Silvio Ribeiro 

are you populating the value of $CaseGUID from the GET param? Eg. $CaseGUID = $_GET[‘case’];?

When you look into the source page of your website is the value populated? Something like this: data-tf-hidden="case_id=9576A93E-E644-4D5B-971A-E99CC061D542"

Can you share your typeform and also the page where it is embedded?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Silvio Ribeiro! I'm tagging @Michaela @picsoung and @mathio here because I believe they might be able to help you! 😉

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @mathio,

Yes, I am populating the $CaseGUID variable, and this value is being submitted to Typeform.

I also have another variable, $DecName

$CaseGUID = $_GET['case'];		

//Get Deceased name for Typeform
$DecName = $result['TitleD'].' '.$result['First_NameD'].' '.$result['MiddleD'].' '.' '.$result['Last_NameD'];

Here is the part of the embed code:

data-tf-hidden="caseid=<?= $CaseGUID ?>,dec_name=<?= $DecName ?>"

I can see data from both variables in the responses:

Typeform responses

They just don’t appear in the integration when all the data is sent to Make.com.

It’s not an option in the fields list in Make.com:

I am starting to wonder if hidden fields don’t get passed to integration apps. Would that be the case @Michaela @picsoung?

Here is where my Typeform is: https://cjfdevelopment.wpengine.com/funeral-detail-page/?case=5171CA04-AEAF-43ED-B28F-13DF89281B22

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@mathio and @Michaela, I still haven’t been able to get this working, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Silvio Ribeiro - you should also raise a help ticket with Typeform Support so that you have two vectors looking to solve your problem. here’s the link

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Silvio Ribeiro - you should also raise a help ticket with Typeform Support so that you have two vectors looking to solve your problem. here’s the link

I will definitely try that, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am sorry, I was talking only about getting the hidden field value into your typeform when you embed it in your page. It looks like this part is working correctly for you.

Unfortunately I am unable to help you with the integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Silvio Ribeiro, Michaela from Make here, welcome to the community👋

We tried replicating this on our end and all seems to be working 🤔

We tested this with the ‘Watch Responses’ module (both scheduled and instant). Could you please share which module it is that you are using? 

Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Michaela, I am also using the Watch Responses module.

Here are some screenshots:
For now I am just saving the data to a Data Store. Once this is working it will connect to our SQL Server

As you can see in the image below, the hidden fields don’t even appear as an option:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michaela you don’t happen to have any idea on fixing the above by chance? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey guys, happy Friday! So sorry for the very delayed reply. I’ve kinda lost control over my April, haha. 😅

@Silvio Ribeiro  Ok so we checked this out and this seems to be a limitation of the Typeform API.

That input item field corresponds to this parameter in API:

As you can see, it accepts only “fields”, that’s why we are loading to the dropdown list only “real” fields, not hidden fields. But, for hidden fields, you could use a query, where you could filter responses that contain the specified hidden fields.

Maybe someone from the awesome Typeform team could help with composing the query?