Answered

Pre-Populate with Mighty Networks User Information

• 24 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I would like to capture the Mighty Networks user information and attach to the form data. Is there a way to do that? I know that Zapier has access to this data on Mighty Networks, I just don’t see how to bring that over to Typeform. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 November 2023, 20:46

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JoelCouch72 happy Friday!

Do you want to pass contact information from Mighty Networks to the typeform? 

It looks like @KayBea had a similar question over here:

Maybe they could offer some advice as a fellow Might Networks user, will also tag @thebooknetwork as they recently posted about using Mighty Networks with Typeform so maybe they can help! 🙏

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I am wanting to snag the contact info from Mighty Networks and pass it to Typeform. 

I hadn’t seen the post you linked, so thank you for that. I read through that and the corresponding article, I am still at a bit of a disadvantage and not piecing it together. I have a feeling that the gold I’m looking for may be held within that article, however I am not certain. It would be super dandy if someone has actually done this with Mighty Networks, since that platform has its own nuances. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

From my research on the topic, it appears that the issue with regards to Typeform’s documentation is that we are not doing a typical embed. Instead, we are using the share link. While this does seem to embed the form and display properly, it does not allow for any of the hidden field aspects referred to throughout that article. 

I’m wondering if there is anyone that’s had success. Potentially leveraging Zapier to modify the URL. Or perhaps there’s something else we can do to pass the user data along. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JoelCouch72 - if you create hidden fields in your typeform as the holding places for the details you want to pass across from Mighty Networks, then when you publish the form you will have the hidden field names and a temporary value pair for each of the hidden fields as part of hte url .. 

here’s a sample of what you might see

….url/to/formid#v_email=xxxxx&v_firstname=xxxxx

what you would need to do is to replace the xxxxx strings with the Mighty Networks placeholders for those fields - I don’t work with this tool but with Convertkit i would use {{subscriber.email}} and {{subscriber.firsnatme}} so that the tool would append the values from the user record into the url 

does that help??

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The URL you posted looked like an embed URL. That is not the URL Mighty Networks uses. Theirs is the simple share link URL like this: 

https://form.typeform.com/to/SwQB06J2

Are you suggesting that I am able to modify this URL to include those fields? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If that’s the case, I just need to find the field names from Mighty Networks. I know that Zapier can see what I’m looking for, just not sure how to pull the field names for use like this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The URL you posted looked like an embed URL. That is not the URL Mighty Networks uses. Theirs is the simple share link URL like this: 

https://form.typeform.com/to/SwQB06J2

Are you suggesting that I am able to modify this URL to include those fields? 

if you add the hidden fields in your typeform you would find that the variablename=values are attached. 

i did not want to copy and paste a full url for a form into the note above. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for jumping in and explaining this @john.desborough 😊

Hopefully that helps @JoelCouch72 but let us know if you have any other questions!