Answered

Redirect to url from webook response

• 4 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I use a simple form to support our technical team to create tickets in our inhouse ticket system.

The form collects to data and than send it to a webhook where is optimized and the ticket is created.
The response to web webhook contains an individual url to the new created ticket and it would be very helpfull if typeform can redirect to that url after finishing the form/webhook

icon

Best answer by mathio 5 December 2023, 12:32

View original

5 replies

The form should redirect to this url from web webhook response payload after completion

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @antonyit welcome to the community 😊

I think this setup should be possible, tagging in @mathio - do you know how to get this working?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @antonyit , since submissions and webhooks are processed asynchronously, is is not possible to handle webhook responses on our side.

You will need to build this yourself. I suggest you to embed your form and use onSubmit hook to redirect user to your page with responseId in the URL (you can find code on how to build the redirect here). On this page you you can identify the respondent based on responseId and retrieve the ticket URL from your database.

In your webhook you will need to store the responseId and ticket URL to be able to retrieve it later after redirect.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mathio,

thanks for your answer.
Ok. Since I’m a programmer I can solve this that way.
I hoped this would be possible with programming… :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Everything is possible with programming 😎