Answered

Send variables to Google Sheets

• 21 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have 14 questions (sections), each with 9 possible answers. Those questions are called “tabla” and run through A to N.

I’ve configured variables for each of them (tabla_a to tabla_n) so that every time the user selects an option from the possible answers a point is added to the variable.

Ex.

Question 1 = Tabla A

User selects 3 options

tabla_a= 3

What I would like to know is how can I send those variables to the Google Sheet is connected to.

I’m getting :

The two first columns I don’t have a clue what they refer to, as the first questions are Name and Mail.

But then all the columns represent each question, but inside them I have the different options they have selected separated with a coma.

I would only like to send Name, Email and the variables I’ve created. 

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by ferb 21 July 2022, 19:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ferb - you won’t be able to do just that on the main tab that Typeform uses to push data. 

Create a second tab with only the headings for the columns that you want and then use the arrayformula() function to pull the appropriate columns of data from the main page to this second tab every time a new row is added. 

that way you will have just the bits that you want

des

Userlevel 1

Thank you des,

the thing is that the variables are not being sent to the spreadsheet, so I wouldn’t be able to do that. Once I solve this, I’ll follow your instructions for getting only the information I need. 

Thank you! 🙌🏻

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough I’ve just deleted the integration and connected it again and now I can see all the columns and variables. Thank you so much again, I will proceed with what you’ve indicated me above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Don't forget to send us the link to your form once it's ready, we'd love to give you some feedback on it! 😉 @ferb 

Userlevel 1

@Gabi Amaral I’ve managed to solve my issue and I’m thinking it would be a good idea to create a tutorial. What would be the best way to do it and share it with the community?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, you can create a video tutorial (maybe you can use loom) and then you can write a comment here with the video embedded, and I can mark as Best Answer. How does it sound? 😄 @ferb